New to site

GoldenMotor.com

satanas90

Aug 2, 2011
yuma
Well im new to the site just purchased my first 80cc engine like 20 minutes ago from Ebay.....so i was excited to post it up...i have many projects going on in my home but since my bike is my current transportation at the moment(SUSPENDED LICENCE!!!!!!) that will be finished first... I live in Yuma az temp was like 116 today an have to take the bike back home so one of these babies will be just fine........i have a schwinn ranger not to fancy bike but i like it a little rough but it will do...maybe ill buy a cruiser who knows...but estimated time for my package will be august 8 -12......can wait .....

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Welcome aboard MB.com!

Paint yer helmet white to help from cookin' yer noggin in that sun!
Horsepower will help you beat the heat there in the desert... Gosh, if I was out there pedaling I'd probably hit the ground and end up with an expensive ride in that fancy van with the loud sirens! NOT good.

Be cautious to not break any of the traffic rules so they don't drag you in... magistrate won't take kindly to more offenses on the suspended.

Good luck
rc

satanas90

Aug 2, 2011
yuma
so i finally installed my 66cc on my mountain bikelooks ok had to do some modification to the brakets n the frame no drilling though..and dint like the cheap handles it came with so i fabed min and cut the omes it came with they came out good sorry about picture too dark..also i had to hammer the pipe in a little to clear my pedals n need to finish small touch ups install the chain guard , romove the zip ties i don like them...hope u like..

These are the cheap handles it came with did not use them just the inside part of the throttle

satanas90

Aug 2, 2011
yuma
i have a question if anyone knows the answer.. My bike is still in the breakinperiod i use 32 to 1...it runs fine but it boggs like half throttle...........not sure why but i was riding my bike home yesterday i didnt realized i was low on gas it started reving really high like i never heared before..so this means its either running torich or not getting enough air ..am i right??? i will check my plug as soon as it cools down..i heared checking the plug has the answer. oh and i get lots of oil coming from my exhaust is that normal....?? sorry new to this kind of stuff.

porch lizard

Nov 7, 2011
Scarville, Iowa
Satanas90 ... Nice looking motorized bicycle! Did you get the carb problem fixed? I was looking at your panniers, since I plan on doing something similar, and noticed your ' don Juan ' plate. Is that from the Carlos Castenada books?

Last edited:

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Here is your Arizona laws:

28-2516. Motorized electric or gas powered bicycles or tricycles; definition

A. Notwithstanding any other provision of this title:
1. A certificate of title is not required for a motorized electric or gas powered bicycle or tricycle.
2. Registration is not required for a motorized electric or gas powered bicycle or tricycle.
3. Vehicle license tax is not imposed on a motorized electric or gas powered bicycle or tricycle.
4. A motorized electric or gas powered bicycle or tricycle is exempt from the provisions of section 28-964 relating to required equipment on motorcycles and motor-driven cycles and from the provisions of title 49, chapter 3, article 5 relating to vehicle emissions inspections.
5. A driver license is not required to operate a motorized electric or gas powered bicycle or tricycle.
6. A motorized electric or gas powered bicycle or tricycle may use rights-of-way designated for the exclusive use of bicycles.
7. A motorized electric or gas powered bicycle or tricycle is not subject to chapter 9 of this title.

B. This section does not prohibit a local authority from adopting an ordinance that regulates or prohibits the operation of motorized electric or gas powered bicycles or tricycles, except that a local authority shall not adopt an ordinance that requires registration and licensing of motorized electric or gas powered bicycles or tricycles.

C. For the purposes of this section, "motorized electric or gas powered bicycle or tricycle" means a bicycle or tricycle that is equipped with a helper motor that has a maximum piston displacement of forty-eight cubic centimeters or less, that may also be self-propelled and that is operated at speeds of less than twenty miles per hour.

Since you're way over the 48 cc limit you have a motor driven cycle. Stay under 20 mph obey all laws and pray you don't get pulled over.

Last edited: