**help With My Dax Install**

GoldenMotor.com

bowlersp

Jun 29, 2008
i just mounted the motor in the frame and i am on step # 6 from his webpage. it says to tighten down the throttle but there is just one problem, there is no way for me to tighten down the throttle. attached is the pictures of the pieces i have for the throttle, which look nothing like the pieces he used in his picture. at this point i'm kinda dissapointed and frustrated. what do i do?

on a side note the last picture is where the throttle is going. this is a grip-shift bike. has anyone ever installed a throttle on a grip-shift bike? the throttle fits on but i have not been provided (at least i don't think i have been) any tools or pieces that will tighten it down. any suggestions?

Attachments

Last edited:

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Is that all you have for a throttle handle. If thats all you got the main part is missing. Mine had housing that had the kill button on it that throttle grip fits in. I bet some one will have some pictures.........................

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
I think you might be missing a piece or something. maybe give him a call?

I do like those grips though, I gotta get me a set of those.

bowlersp

Jun 29, 2008
ok, i think i found the piece you are talking about. it is in the image attached. although i am having problems trying to put it together. i think i am putting it together right but it looks like there is a piece inside that won't let me install it onto the handle. any suggestions?

Attachments

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
The little pin thing on the inside of the tube.
Just grind it off.

Or you could drill a precise hole in the handlebar to hold it.

I would just grind it off much easier.

Also Do NOT install the kill switch.. More trouble than it is worth.