Hipster Motorcycles

GoldenMotor.com

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
Dangit. Motorized bikes, triumphs, enfields... all the ones I thought were cool. I'm the least hipster guy I know. I don't even know what gluten is. And I'm definitely not a beer snob by any means.

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
I know I'min the least hipster as well although I do have stretched ears, septum piercing. Everyone at work is surprised when they find that it's my bike.

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
That sounds pretty hipster. Do you also sport a side shave, wear useless glasses, and wear deep v-neck shirts too? Is it hot outside but you feel urged to wear a scarf and beanie? How tight do your jeans fit?

And most importantly, since being a hipster has become mainstream, do you hate yourself even more but love the irony?

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Does it seem to you as though hipsters are not much different than re-tread beatniks?

That's about all I see. Not that it's a bad thing.

But I wonder if they know that they're not the first.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
being a beatnik of the old school, I'd argue that they are not

the reason that we created hippies was that we found that too few people were available to join our ranks due to a lack of the requisite mental horsepower to fully understand the philosophy involved - thus, the simpler philosophy of the hippie was developed for them as wanted to join something new without the burden of having to develop any mental skills

seems most folks just want to be "in' with something rather be a functioning part of it

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
easier not to listen - triumph was always my bike of choice & a friend of mine still owns a triumph factory team bike that I used to race

as far as america goes, I still like the folks in small towns (not so sure of city folks), but the country I fought for in the 60s no longer exists

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
Agreed, Crassious, that was not so much a different time, as it was a different world.

My first street bike was a '63 Triumph Bonneville. Woah that thing was fun. Ran like silk.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
The one biggest thing wrong with that list is what's not on it. Fixie bikes. What is up with these guys running fixed gear NO BRAKES in the name of hipster style? Freewheel was invented for a reason... These guys go FULL RETARD!