clutch problems

GoldenMotor.com

patpat

Jan 6, 2016
pueblo
hey guys i tried riding my 80cc bike for the first time today, i got a block down the road and the chain came off, so i reset the chain and i noticed that the engine would stay engaged so i couldnt petal it regularly, even with the clutch pulled in. so i took the clutch cover off, and the the little clutch pin in the center of the sprocket, popped out!! so i put it back in, but it sits so far into the engine that if i try pulling the clutch arm it wont even touch the pin. so the engine is stuck in gear and i cant pedal it upto speed. the engine still turns over. i just cant separate the clutch plate from the clutch pads:-||

skitchfish

Oct 27, 2010
Michigan
Hi patpat,

I think maybe you lost the small ball bearing that goes behind the clutch pin when you took the cover off.

By using the search box at the top of the site you can find where someone has posted the diameter of the ball so you can buy it at the hardware store instead of ordering one.

Someone may also know it off the top of there head and post it here.

Good luck and have fun.

skitchfish

Oct 27, 2010
Michigan
patpat,

Yeah, there sure is and your not the first guy ever to lose one. I think anyone who has ever owned a china girl has lost that little ball at one time or another.

It just rolls in before you put the pin in and should be well greased along with the pin.

Yours being new without much grease probably rolled right out

patpat

Jan 6, 2016
pueblo
that is exactly what happened! i was working on it on the side of the road next to a bunch of pebbles, so ima just have to go buy a new one. i appreciate it tho!! i was about to order a whole now clutch pin!

skitchfish

Oct 27, 2010
Michigan
For a better understanding use custom search box and type " animated clutch assembly" and look at every diagram including the last one which pertains to you