Sprockets

GoldenMotor.com

Fixer1954

Feb 7, 2009
Murdocksville, NC
Hi! My name is Bill and I am new to this forum, and motor bicycling,
I have a Ross "Gran Tourist" that I am putting a RAW 50cc motor kit on. It has a Shimano 3-speed hub, which is too large for the stock rear sprocket that came with the kit. I can modify the sprocket that came with the kit, but since this is a 27" bike, I would like more teeth on the sprocket.
I checked out Kings Sales & Service but there is no way to order there. I went to Ebay (as suggested on the website) and just plain couldn't find them. Am I doing something wrong?laff
Any help appreciated.. Bill KU4QB

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I didn't post that message about spam but it showed up under my name. What's going on? Moderators?
Bill KU4QB
I am sorry about that, you need to become a active member before you can leave any links. That is to help the forum from spam.

I am sending you a PM

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
Hi! My name is Bill and I am new to this forum, and motor bicycling,
I have a Ross "Gran Tourist" that I am putting a RAW 50cc motor kit on. It has a Shimano 3-speed hub, which is too large for the stock rear sprocket that came with the kit. I can modify the sprocket that came with the kit, but since this is a 27" bike, I would like more teeth on the sprocket.
I checked out Kings Sales & Service but there is no way to order there. I went to Ebay (as suggested on the website) and just plain couldn't find them. Am I doing something wrong?laff
Any help appreciated.. Bill KU4QB
Here is the link to andy's myspace page with information on how to contact him.

MySpace.com - Kings Sales & Service Group - 37 - Male - CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - www.myspace.com/kingssalesandservice

Fixer1954

Feb 7, 2009
Murdocksville, NC
Thanks for the replies, guys!
Andy cleared up the "spam" confusion. I'll try an email to King's tomorrow.
Does anyone else offer sprockets for these kits? It always worries me a bit when a seller makes things complicated...
Bill KU4QB

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
thatsdax has a few sprockets that is where I bought my 36tooth from I believe they have a 50 tooth too.

Fixer1954

Feb 7, 2009
Murdocksville, NC
I looked at that and I really like the idea but it would double the cost of this build. Don't think it would qualify as a moped here in NC either.
So maybe I'll try it on my next bike. ;-}
Regs! Bill KU4QB
.flg.

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
i am thinking about a rear shift kit for the left hand sprocket usimg 2 or 3 gears to think abot getting speed. 50 tooth 44 tooth 36 tooth maybee even a 28 tooth, a 4 sprocket desing using a rear derailer i have been drinking but the concept works.