motor needs replacement . . idk what size to get

GoldenMotor.com

bro-die

Dec 22, 2011
guam
My motor finaly crapped out on me. First had no spark and finaly fixed it then now it wont turn over. Everytime I let go the clutch it wont even try to start like piston is not moving. I dont know whats the current size of the motor ( it was given to me) and I want to order a new motor but not the whole kit. If I order something as in maybe an 80cc motor only will everything else bolt back on? The other problem is that my current motor is EXACT fit on my bike. If I do get a new one its has to be the same size. Does the 50cc have a big difference in size compared to the 80cc?

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
There's no difference in physical size between a 50 and a 80, but some motors have wider front mounts.

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
as far as I know, the 48cc has a slimmer jug and a smaller bolt pattern (confirm?) than a 66cc, making the bottom ends incompatible, but still the same physical size.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Get the 66cc.

But, of course, I'm the guy that would rather put the largest engine in possible. :D

Your area might be limited to 50cc, in that case get a 48/50cc engine.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
get the 66cc and lie about the size.
We are MEN! We can lie about the size, right?
Snork! :)
I have to lie every time, To women AND the cops. And sometimes even to other guy's. ( I swear dude, The fish that got away was at least 6lbs.)
Why yes officer, It IS a 49cc. That's what the guy said when he sold it to me.
Yeah, get the 66cc. Just better performance. You can put a 49cc sticker on it if ya want.
fatdaddy.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
BACK FROM THE DEAD!!! any suggestions on where to get a motor?
Hey bro-die, Not tryin to sound like a jerk, BUT, ya gotta have some idea of what ya want before anyone can offer help. 4 stroke, 2 stroke, entire kit or engine only? What about the laws where you live? How big are you allowed on CC's for a motorized?
fatdaddy.usflg