cvt trans

GoldenMotor.com

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Hey Guys, I think I came off a little obnoxious the other night. My bad, too much local brew. I'm a light weight these days.

I've been using it (MaxTorque) w/ much success; it works very well for my application i.e. InFrames. It's what I'm running on both a HarborFreight set up and a Huasheng one still in process.

Cheers! Evan

exavid

Dec 12, 2009
Medford, OR
I've gotta look around for a CVT unit. I have a four stroke engine I'd like to try with one. My Silverwing 600cc scooter works great with a CVT as have several snowmobiles I've owned. No serious loss of power on the Silverwing. It will beat a stock Harley Sportster across an intersection when the light goes green and still has a 108mph (GPS measured) top speed.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Hondas are engineering marvels!

You don't hear much about losses in gear systems but theres a lot.

The chain final drive on most inframes robs quite a bit.

I honestly don't have any factual idea how much power loss is is associated w/ my system. I know it's significant (1/4hp? 1/2?)but I get better low end by far and my top end is just as good or better than most of the one speed systems out there. So any greater losses are acceptably out weighed by gains! I should say I'm running a 79cc 2.5 hp Harborfreight and have not yet run the Huasheng w/ is around 2hp depending.

Ultra quick take offs and topping out at 40ish! 100+mpg! I can dig it.

brnot

Attachments

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
The 50cc atv engine I used has a cvt built in and it performs beautifully. Take off without pedaling and a blistering 50ish mph top end(car speedometer). There aren't many(any) ways to transfer power without any loss, that's just real world physics. I think the cvt's are a great option.

Sep 7, 2008
Omaha,NE
Have you personally done business with this dealer, how is the quality of products and or specificaly this model cvt this of course reverses the direction of the motor right? it would be neat if i could use this in inframe config!

wdbtchr

Jan 31, 2008
Juneau, Ak
No I haven't. I ran across them while looking for parts for another project. I got one of these for a future project, and I was surprised at the price. It LOOKS identical to the ones on fancyscooters etc, but they seem to be out of stock a lot. I had the same question about quality etc. I paid almost 90 bucks for mine from another vendor, but haven't built anything with it yet either, so no personal experience there either. For 45 bucks and free shipping I should get one just to see. Sooo,you want to be the sacrificial lamb, or shall I. :>)

wdbtchr

Jan 31, 2008
Juneau, Ak
Hey, too cool Dan, the way you slid that link in there. Barely Awake showed me how to post links, so I can do it myself now. Been meaning to learn how to do that for years, but I guess the ole mental block was too firmly cemented into place. Anyway, thanks guys.

Old girlfriend told me once, "you can build a 12 unit condo, but you can't wash load a dishwasher?" I still use paper plates. laff

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Dan

been having an awful time with my pc for some time. Had a bad memory chip. It kept shutting dn, thought i had a virus. Then i ran the diagnostice program. Happy camper now !!

A couple years ago i made up an order over $300. Listed the item`s in a message to "rose" asking for the best deal. They dropped it over $100. Much better deal than i expected. I did make the purchase.

Recently i purchased 5 left hand thread freewheel adapters. They were listed for $15.95 plus $8. Ea s/h. I asked for the best deal. I got them for $50. Plus $8. S/h. Total of $58.. Makes me wish i had more money to spend !!! Lol
ron

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Hey, too cool Dan, the way you slid that link in there. Barely Awake showed me how to post links, so I can do it myself now. Been meaning to learn how to do that for years, but I guess the ole mental block was too firmly cemented into place. Anyway, thanks guys.

Old girlfriend told me once, "you can build a 12 unit condo, but you can't wash load a dishwasher?" I still use paper plates. laff
LOL, I understand. Can do some amazing things with one's hands but some trivial thing and its like wut? I build our computers (not hard) but have to hand the Uber remote to Carol to get the dang thing to work. I say it needs a co-pilot and a NY lawyer to function. She says I need help. (same thing, right?)

If you do this 3 times, the power will be your's GrassHopper! Copy and Paste - Learn how to Cut, Copy and Paste in seconds! - making copies, moving text, editing on the computer

wdbtchr

Jan 31, 2008
Juneau, Ak
LOL, I understand. Can do some amazing things with one's hands but some trivial thing and its like wut? I build our computers (not hard) but have to hand the Uber remote to Carol to get the dang thing to work. I say it needs a co-pilot and a NY lawyer to function. She says I need help. (same thing, right?)

If you do this 3 times, the power will be your's GrassHopper! Copy and Paste - Learn how to Cut, Copy and Paste in seconds! - making copies, moving text, editing on the computer
Actually, that is the disgusting part. I've known how to do that for years, just didn't know the right click part. I used to be thought of as the computer guru by some people with some of the software I had, and I never told them any different. laff

Bohemian_Lady

Feb 7, 2013
Hawaii
It looks like you used a friction drive mount with out the drive bar, is this correct? I'm looking to convert my GEBE kit to a chain drive with a CVT transmission, during my recent research in looks like it will be all but impossible to reuse the mounting kit that came with it. So I'm looking for alternatives.