Hello from Cleveland

GoldenMotor.com

joey1320

Jul 15, 2014
Cleveland
Hello everyone my name's Joey and I've just purchased my first bicycle kit from engineonlineshop and I decided to go with the Flaming Horse 80cc kit, to be installed on a vintage AMF Roadmaster Deluxe.

I come from the moped world, having owned and built about 7 of them and after selling them all, I have been debating if I should get another moped. Unfortunately for me, the moped prices have been steadily increasing and I wasn't able to find anything worth buying under $450. That was a bit more than what I wanted to pay at the moment, so a motorized bike was my next choice.

I have wanted to built one for awhile but never looked too much into it. I did some research on the China-made kits and the Flaming Horse has good reviews here. So, its been ordered and now I can't wait. I'm sure I'll have some questions but overall, after watching a few vids, it seems like it won't be difficult at all.

I'll post some pics of the bike and built when ready.
Thanks for the time!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome Joey. We're glad you've joined us and this fun hobby. With your previous experience with the mopeds you'll be way ahead of a lot of new builders but motorizing a bicycle can offer some challenges to any first timer. We're always here to help and our search feature offers many pages of previously posted information on every aspect of motorized bicycles.

Good luck and have fun.

Tom

joey1320

Jul 15, 2014
Cleveland
LeBron coming back makes the city relevant in the sporting world, but its funny how the media paints Cleveland as if its a dumping ground with no signs of life.

Funny thing is that after LeBron left, it was a big slap to the face to a lot of the people here and from that we got a big boost of "us against them" mentality. This mentality then became a "locals for locals" type of foundation for what we now have.

Cleveland has grown exponentailly since LeBron left and other than sports, we are extremely better than what we were and what the media portrays. Oh well, we will keep enjoying our "awkwardness" and let the media run with their bs stories ha.

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
Hi Joey and welcome. Your bike is retro that makes it totally cool. I noticed that it doesn't have fenders... good for you. They can cause a lot of grief on a MB. Take your time do a good job and make your bike safe. We are all here to help.

joey1320

Jul 15, 2014
Cleveland
Hi Joey and welcome. Your bike is retro that makes it totally cool. I noticed that it doesn't have fenders... good for you. They can cause a lot of grief on a MB. Take your time do a good job and make your bike safe. We are all here to help.
Reading some threads regarding fenders, it seems like they can either hit the chain or become lose and cause accidents. I do have the fenders for it and my plan was to use them, if I decide to go that route ill lake sure all is properly installed and retorqued down.

Luckily for me, the fenders are old, which means they have good metal brackets, rivets and strength, as opposed to the weak stuff sold nowadays.

Thanks for the info!!!

joey1320

Jul 15, 2014
Cleveland
Well, small change of plans. While browsing the local CL I found this cool frame I'm gonna be using, instead of the AMF.

Seller says its from the mid 50's with a head badge that reads Black Knight. Any info??