Centrifugal clutch.....clutch adjustment

GoldenMotor.com

skychair

Dec 9, 2013
ga
Centrifugal clutch.....clutch adjustment
I have a problem, it started when I could not roll the bike forward with the clutch released (handle pulled and locked). naturally I thought the clutch needed adjusting, so after taking every thing off to expose the flower nut I began to make an adjustment, after I made an adjustment to the flower nut .....it dawned on me that I had no way to test the adjustment.

I put everything together without the cases (picture)
My bike has a 2 legged stand so the rear wheel is off the ground, and spins freely.
First adjustment, (in gear) could not spin the rear wheel ( this is good).
(out of gear), the rear wheel did not spin. (this is not good)

Another adjustment to the flower nut turning CCW's.
'in gear' the rear wheel did not spin.
'out of gear' the rear wheel spins. (all good)

My assumption is that I can now lock down the flower nut and am good to go, unless I missed something, please let me know.

I have added some pictures and asked some questions on them, please let me know if you know of a source for these parts.

Also what grease should I use on these bearings, all I have at the moment is heavy duty wheel bearing grease.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
That second pic you showed is the correct way it goes, I ran into the problem where my shaft extension wouldn't go into the bearing and had to lathe off a few thousandths before it would even go on, then when it did it was rough and didn't turn as free as I would have liked so I took it apart again and shaved off a few more thousandths off the shaft extension then re polished the extension and reinstalled it and everything is smooth as butter.

For the regular clutch, I just left mine adjusted the saem as if the centrifugal wasn't there and it did opk, you may want to tighten up the flower nut some tho if you feel it slipping, but if it's not slipping when you take off it's adjusted good enough.

I gotta run for now, but can explain more on this later if needed...