Damn Leaf Blowers!

GoldenMotor.com

CARider

May 20, 2013
San Rafael, CA-Mesa, AZ
I was shopping at the dollar store today, and as always had a handful of tools and other crap I have to have. All the sudden I here a quick startup of a exact sound of my 2 stroke china. I dropped my stuff on the floor and round out side, and it was a yardworker blowing around leafs with a STHL blower. Dang it.
:-||
-Zane

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I could never understand what use or purpose a leafblower had. Give me an old fashioned bamboo rake every time.
IWW, try cleaning your gutters with a rake. :)
I use mine to blow dust and dirt out of the garage and dog hair after I've brushed them.
I have to admit that mine is electric so instead of a China girl it sounds like a very big vacuum cleaner.

Tom

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I could never understand what use or purpose a leafblower had. Give me an old fashioned bamboo rake every time.
Much easier, faster and sneakier to use a blower to send all your crap into the street and onto your neighbors property than a rake. :D

I hate leaf blowers . .. .but they are handy for cleaning go kart tire debris, sand and pebbles off the race track!

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
my co worker was amazed at how well it handled the gutters,we have several buildings that frequently need gutters cleaned.
nois,but handy.
i have electric also,would prefer a gas one.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I was shopping at the dollar store today, and as always had a handful of tools and other crap I have to have. All the sudden I here a quick startup of a exact sound of my 2 stroke china. I dropped my stuff on the floor and round out side, and it was a yardworker blowing around leafs with a STHL blower. Dang it.
:-||
-Zane
LOL, CARider. Bet that both sucked and was a happy moment.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I use a blower tip on my compressor air hose to 'clean' the garage.........works great and no need for another tool.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
There's a guy a couple of doors down from me that uses his (backpack style) leaf blower to dry his car after he goes over it with his power washer. (I'm amazed he has any paint left on the car).

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Actually I've used mine to clean fresh powder snow off the cars. We get a lot of powder here and the blower will clean a car off pronto. Works a lot better and faster than a brush and doesn't scratch the paint. And...it make this great cloud of snow when I'm doing it.

Tom