which is better 49cc or 80cc?

GoldenMotor.com

powderman

Oct 20, 2008
pageland sc
hello all. i am a complete newbie here and was wondering which was better, the 49cc or 80cc and why? one seller has told me the 49cc was better because the 80 cc would die from a dead start. id on't see how though because isn't bigger better?

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Here is my opinion, first off there are no 80cc Chinese 2 strokes. Having said that what you have is an option for a 49cc or a 69cc. They both have close to the same amount of power in general. The 49cc has less torque but will rev higher. The 69cc has more torque but will not rev as high. So you can get them to be about the same if you gear them accordingly. In my opinion the 69cc has more of an upside, in that, because it is larger displacement with a little tweaking you can make it produce much more power than the 49cc.

Also either engine will die if you try and start them from a dead stop using the clutch with the normal gearing.

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
so if i bought a stock kit of each and installed them which one will pull a hill better? is one more reliable than the other? thanks
Get the larger motor. It will pull hills... trust me! I'm a large guy (Mommy says I'm husky rotfl) My Kings motor will drag me up hills with NO problem. Just remember to break it in easy!!

TheDon

Sep 20, 2008
I have about 300 mi. on a 69cc (80cc) I got from Chris Hill. With a 48 tooth sprocket it will pull the steep hills here in glacial CNY. It slows way down but as long as it stays above 8 mph. it won't stop. With this sprocket, in stock condition I have a top speed of 24 mph. Hope that helps.

corduroylion

Sep 25, 2008
norcal
i have a 80cc (69cc) engine on my beach cruiser with not much modification really and i havnt changed out the stock sproket yet but intend to... my china girl pulls me up hills just fine. and to can get up to 25-30 mph on flat land so far. i weight about 175lbs. i wouldnt change my engine for anything!