Building a tank for my Gen-Lifan cruiser!

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Very cool, Joe. Your tank gives almost bobber sort of lines to your bike. Looks great.

Diamond plate would be icing on the cake.

Motojoe2492

Aug 18, 2014
Ellsworth, ME
Thanks, Dan! I was hoping it would bring out the bobber vibe that the frame was sending me.

Diamond plate may have to wait for a future project, it doesn't quite fit the budget this time ;)

Motojoe2492

Aug 18, 2014
Ellsworth, ME
I guess there are varying of cost on those things. Some of those are special for drying water out of, I think mostly diesel fuel on boats.

My concern was just about bubble in line when near low fuel level. I know I might be pushing it with my hose routing and maybe it siphons a bit and still works with enough pressure.

I'm just careful to have the fuel line not get too close to the hot cylinder head, so it is not just downward slope. It goes up and around and back down lower to the carb fuel inlet so it needs to prime when started if the tank was dry empty before starting.

When I mean prime, not the carb, but the line. Only if the tank is empty or a bubble gets in the line you have better to not bother trying to pull the recoil starter rope.

Instead, I take off the fuel cap and use my hands cupped to blow pressure in the tank. Not too much as then the carb as well as the fuel line will get more than just a little prime.

MT
Luckily, I get great deals on small stuff like that, thanks to the Napa Know How I've been huffing!

My petcock will probably be near the point at the rear of the tank, coming out of the side about a quarter inch above the bottom. I will have a small fuel filter in line after the sediment bowl to catch the finer stuff.