First build log book.

GoldenMotor.com

joey1320

Jul 15, 2014
Cleveland
Hi Dan, well I figured since the trailer pretty much has all the technical stuff already done, it would be an easy thing to do. Of course nothing in life is that simple but I think it will be a lot simpler than building one from scratch.

I'll be updating with pics in the future ;)

joey1320

Jul 15, 2014
Cleveland
I'm having a hard time loading pics from my phone but I have taken the trailer apart and will get it painted soon. I was hoping to powder coat it but it has plastic plugs in all the tubes' ends and they are super difficult to remove.

I'm also thinking of using a straight bar as opposed to the cruiser ones, I think it will look more aggressive but not mess my wrists.
cvlt1

joey1320

Jul 15, 2014
Cleveland
Well I have been trying to find a way to make the bike more of a BTR, but with the old gas tank being under the rear rack, it made the seat sit too high and forward, therefor the down slope handlebars were extremely uncomfortable.

So since I can't weld i decided to find a different way to mount a gas tank, as opposed to an in-frame one. Here's the "final" sample. This is a 60's VW washer fluid tank, which I'll be mounting to the fork center bolt.

I painted a metallic brass and I think it gives the bike a cool look. I will probably find a cleaner one that I can maybe keep the original color, since this one was super dirty and scuffed. I'll pot better pics of the mounting and fuel line routing, but it's like 20 degrees outside and I hate the cold weather haha.

Hope you guys like it!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

joey1320

Jul 15, 2014
Cleveland
Oh you can also see the decal I made for my in-frame plate. I need to make it a bit bigger so it fills the plate better. I also made a solid fuel line from an old brake line and actually ended up shorting it so it would fir better on the frame. No pics of the finished product yet.
brnot

Attachments

joey1320

Jul 15, 2014
Cleveland
You've built a great looking bike Joey. The fork mounted gas tank looks good and is cool piece of outside of the box thinking.

Will 1960s VWs be now raided for their washer tanks and become an endangered species ;)
Ha thank you sir.
Yeah the washer tank came out looking mighty nice if I say so myself. I plan on picking up another one, hopefully one with less curb rash on it and playing with the paint colors.

It doesn't hold a lot of fuel, probably about 3/4 of a gallon, so I need to fab up a holder for a small bottle of extra fuel. I'll work on that this upcoming weeks.

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
Slick ride! I would have expected the tank to go in frame, though there are options for mounting headlights lower on the forks If you need that sort of thing.
Any progress on the side car?

joey1320

Jul 15, 2014
Cleveland
Slick ride! I would have expected the tank to go in frame, though there are options for mounting headlights lower on the forks If you need that sort of thing.
Any progress on the side car?
Thanks!

I don't plan on running a headlight, so no need to worry about that. I got a few of the strobe lights for safety, but I only plan on riding during the day, so those are just for extra safety.

The sidecar is still on hold. I took it apart and just need the time to paint it black. Then I'll need to get some wood planks for the floor and sides. I can picture it in my head, and it looks great haha.