I need a little bit

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
of chain from the bike kit. I chopped off a few links of mine and now I find i need to put one back and I have no idea where I "SAVED" it.

So buddy can you spare a couple of inches (Now that is the worst begging line I ever heard) I would be ever so grateful. I would be happy to pay you for the chain and postage. Don't need or want a whole chain. Just need a few links so that I can get a good one from them.

Let me know and I'll paypal you the cost of the chain and shipping. and send my address.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
How many links do you need? I have a small section here (six or seven links) free for the sending of your address.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
See I knew i should have phrased that differently.

Send three links if you would and I'll break it to get one good one. I think that's all i really need.

Charles M. Gurkin
811 E. Lexington Ave
High Point. NC 27262

and pm me and I will send you the shipping at least.. I don't want you out any money on this. You can just drop the chain in an envelope and send it first class mail like a letter that is the cheapest way I have found to send small things.

Just need one guys so whoever has it laying around would be good... thanks and pm me and I'll send the shipping.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I found out that a bicycle chain for an extreme bike (the ones used for freestyle jumps) fits. I ended up changing my chain after I snapped my original chain.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I have a bmx chain was an extra something that revolutions motors sent me when I bought a new sprocket (a freebie) and it seems to fit very tight on the front sprocket so I've not used it on the bike yet.
Deacon
Did you score the extra chain I think one of the guys was going to send you a few extra inches rotfl of chain.
You guys are perverts all of you (^)

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
So bike guy joe sent me some chain. I get it ready to install take it to the bike and behold the bike slack is perfect. It ran perfect yesterday as well. the rear wheel is tight and in the right place. The chain must have stretched enough to create it's own slack. I'm going to leave it lone for now but install the new chain and bearing tensioner when It next gets loose. It is much easier to adjust the tensioner than the rear wheel every time.

Thanks joe and trust me I will use it.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Well to be honest I broke down and put it on. I kept remembering how much trouble it is to adjust that darn rear wheel. The tensioner once it is one will be easier to adjust I think. Anyway I got it on now and the rear wheel locked very securely in the grooves so I'm ready for the next nice today, tomorrow i think.

Thanks again bikeguy.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
No prob.

Once you ride the bike many several miles, the chain WILL eventually quit stretching.

I went on a mad hunt for replacement chain and found that after awhile I didn't really need it, my chain(s) had finally quit stretching.

I did find a few source for chains, but you can use 415 chain D.I.D makes it and so do several others, set you own level of expence.

Most places that sell/service mopeds should have some on hand.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
good to know.... I didn't know that it would ever stop that is comforting. When I was trying to run the old crappie tensioner I used it on the bike chain but lord I had to tighten that rear wheel regularly and that was a real pain.

I think it was beginning to ease on the stretching.