2017 3rd Annual Midwest Scarecrow Run

GoldenMotor.com

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
I built my most recent bike build was with a 1963 Schwinn Typhoon. It was fun to work with the strong steel frame. Guys I have to share this video with you all. This is from my labor day ride 2017. Please watch and let me know wh you what you think. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkFDec9NxBM#t=2806.1375
I eat pickled pigs feet and pickled chicken eggs that have sat behind the bar in a glass pickle jar for who knows how long, but I don't think even I would want to partake in those pickled quail eggs.lol
Great video...looked like a lot of fun.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Going to have some T-Shirts made up for this event using with his permission Mr B's great art work depicting our upcoming event. Would most prefer the image be on the front or back of the shirt? Every participant will receive a free T-Shirt but I will need to know that you DO plan on attending and what size T-Shirt you will need? You can send this info to me in a private message if you wish. I will need to have this info by 04/07/2017. I will be ordering on that date. Thanks.

Attachments

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
17039071_1594110293950957_5764520495465309181_o.jpg

My R&D-1 bike. Plan is to ride from Nashville TN to New Orleans starting Sept 30th 2017. Natchez Trace Parkway for the first 440 miles then the the Great River Road the rest of the way to New Orleans. About 675 miles. Still a lot of fine tuning to do but the the bones are all there.

Last edited:

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
Going to have some T-Shirts made up for this event using with his permission Mr B's great art work depicting our upcoming event. Would most prefer the image be on the front or back of the shirt? Every participant will receive a free T-Shirt but I will need to know that you DO plan on attending and what size T-Shirt you will need? You can send this info to me in a private message if you wish. I will need to have this info by 04/07/2017. I will be ordering on that date. Thanks.
One XXL and one medium t-shirt. No XXL jokes either. LOL.

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
Oh He!! yeah!

I can E-mail you an higher res image, but if (when) the printer asks for a AI/vector file I'm afraid all I can provide is a 300dpi Jpeg or Tiff...

If so, please pm.

Large for me.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Can I still get a free T-Shirt even though I won't be attending? :)
I tell you what. You drive here to attend the cruise clear from California, not only will I buy you a T Shirt but I would throw in a hat as well. You have to make the trek here though. If I bought a shirt for every human who isn't coming...well I am not sure even Bill Gates could afford that.LOL

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
My new cruiser I will be riding in the Scarecrow Run. Almost ready for some trial laps as soon as my Sprocket Adapter and Turbo Buick chain tensioner arrive in the mail. Also waiting on some mirrors and a speedometer.

I am hoping it is a comfortable ride. Swapped out the stock seat for a nice Cloud 9 seat that does feel pretty good, but we will see.

My stainless steel welding buddy is building me a new stainless steel fuel tank that will mount where the fake tank is and then I will use the fake tank halves as a veneer over the sides of the stainless tank. Should work out nice. May be a bit before he gets that done...so just installed a tank behind the seat for now.

Attachments

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
That's a sharp look'n ride, for sure!
Thanks xseler!
Got my chain tensioner and sprocket today. Mother nature had me stuck at home today due to some footings being flooded I was supposed to pour...so I took advantage of the day and finished putting my ride together. Took her for a first ride and boy was I happy. They must be doing a little better job building those little china girls because I couldn't get over how smooth this one is. Not even a tingle of vibration in the handlebars and not even a half turn of the pedal and she is running and ready for action. For a brand new unbroken in china girl...I am already impressed and of all the bikes I have built, this one is definitely the smoothest running so far and it hasn't even got 20 minutes of run time. Yes....I am knocking on wood.LOL