Rear Tank Mod Tested And Safe.

GoldenMotor.com

AssembleThis

May 11, 2014
NC United States
Well this is my second post. Built my first Cruiser MB and was really shocked at how poorly the stock kit tanks are. Paper thin steel. Well I decided having a paper thin tank over a hot engine was not a good idea. Did a lot of research and found a rear tank that I thought I could mod for my bike. After a couple of weeks of design another week of fabricating and a couple of weeks testing I posted it on my You Tube channel. Check it out, its a bit radical but with my saddle bags its sweet and I never have to worry about bursting into a fireball.
Oh to let you know straight up this tank is paper thin too, using my smallest welder on the lowest setting it was easy to blast through it. But I was able to move the down spout 180degrees and as a bit of added safety added a thin coat of JB Weld over my welding. It didn't need it but I like the insurance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w1OscgZi14&list=UUpr5gXoGzPrQM_DwdldhzqA .weld

Badlands

Aug 19, 2014
Northwest
WOW... Super heavy duty, I like it in a apocalyptic MAD MAX sorta way. Looks like it was a lot of work and is well insulated, I almost hate how the panniers hide it !

AssembleThis

May 11, 2014
NC United States
Hi Badlands!

Lolol, yeah right. Thanks for the input. It actually started with just 2 bands. But during the testing it evolved into that. I'm sure it will not fail, tested for weeks still no leaks. Yeah the paniers, I went with that because I didn't want my electronics box to show. I'm installing a full 12volt system within an acrylic egg crate type box. Unfortunately I still haven't received all my parts so I can't work on that. The acrylic electronics box is going between the saddle bags and the top rack bag. I will post on updates. Fabricating the turn signal brackets and rear rack assembly for the brake lights. Slow going here cause it's all made of steel parts, that have to be cut shaped then welded together. Also working on the CDI, auto cutoff 12volt charger and alternator, still receiving parts for those too. Figure maybe a year to get the bike done. Takes 1 to 2 months to get parts, that's the major hold up for everything.

Dave
AssembleThis

.xx.