Quickie project #2- “1903 Harley”

GoldenMotor.com

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Your sheds look awesome,thank you very much.

And so does your bike .....Looking realey good.

The tubes with the rod in did you cold bend or use heat? ..............Curt

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Thanks!

Curt- Yes bent cold, I’m hard on vices! :- )

-Kirk
Me to between me and my dad i have two old Rail Road vices. Down through the years i managed to spring the jaws on both bending heavy metal, and its a lot bigger then yours. But i haven't broke eather yet.

I can see another lean to on the other side to balance it out in a couple years. More stuff more shed....LOL................Curt

Last edited:

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
Curtis,

Lean-to on the other side, you made me laugh out loud!

Since I started building bikes I’m well on my way to wearing out my 2nd vice- The old middle weight Sears craftsman I used for years is so racked now there's a 1/8” gap when closed...

One of these days I’m going to have to get a real heavy weight, preferably a old one.

truckd, this one will be painted up all pretty & new in proper ‘03 black!

-Kirk

Last edited:

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Had a little time to work on this again last night...

Welds are all ground smooth and read to go.

Harleyesque triple tree is fabbed and ready for plug welding and braising.

The top clamp is made from 6mm aluminum plate and the upper blades are from another old Schwinn 10 speed fork.

$5 worth of 1/2” chrome cap screws tie it all together, kinda missing my old friend rust.

I plan to repurpose pieces of the bike’s original race style handlebars into a exhaust pipe and a intake manifold. Creative staring shows they’re going to line up pretty well.

-Kirk

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Mr. B got Talent! NICE! DIG those Forks Please! find more to work on this Baby Cause I can't wait for the next set of pic's.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Steve,
I'd say Kirk is a master of the "Creative Stare" having an idea of what he wants and then looking around through his department of dead stuff & donors and finding just the thing he needs once he's re purposed it. I love this kind of build and this one in particular is going to be outstanding.
SB

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Ha!

Well, we ought to at least meet while on your closest pass-by. Perhaps the Davenport show or The NMM in Anamosa?

Perhaps Curtis too...?

Now you two get on the mend and we’ll talk!

Are you able to click your heels yet? “-)

-Mr. B.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Hi Kirk,

"Are you able to click your heels yet? “-)"

Me? No, but I am going to be getting the RONCO "1200" Power Chair so things will be easier. :)

We'll see you this summer. We'll try and lever Curt away from his garage as well but it's going to be tough.

Steve.