turning the jug( head ) around???

GoldenMotor.com

DEVIANTSCC

Dec 26, 2009
Portland, OR
is this possible? that way the exhaust exits the rear and the carb is in the front.

thanks in advance
-jeff
"fine line pinstriping by WOLF"

Hot Wheels

Jul 7, 2009
chicago
It works great, and it makes scene the crab is in the front getting cool air. you will have to make your own exhaust but it's easier when the heads turned around..wee.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Ok,,The engine still turns the same way....question,why do you turn the piston around when rotating the jug (and head if needed)?......isn't the piston rist pin off center for the power stroke(down stroke)?

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Ok...Is the rist pin off set?....I know you mark them and in car engins I thought it was for off set...and I've seen the cut out in side of the intake on these china engins on the botom of the piston,could this be done on the front side of the piston?...If the rist pin is not off set it can go on either way.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
The cut out...looking in the carb port ,i've seen on one of these blogs that the piston skirt was trimed up in a slight simi-circle for better air flow from the carb.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
that link that Nougat posted is my bike. the piston skirt cutout isn't why you have to turn it around, it's because the opening on the rings will hang up on the intake port.

it's a simple mod, and i love it. read my thread and it'll explain it all.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Thanks,I will go read it.(the cat danced on the key-board and it wouldn't type,so I rebooted)