Indian board track spewing oil

GoldenMotor.com

tylerv

Aug 9, 2015
sacramento
I finally got my Indian board track racer running these past days using the Predator 212 engine from HF, when it runs though, it spews oil out of the overflow hole in the valve cover and soaks my whole bike, not a problem because eI painted the bike to look old, no real rust though. Even though I Keep checking the oil level making sure that it isn't too low or too high but just right it still spews oil, Does anyone have this same problem or solutions? Tyler Virga.

Attachments

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Breather it is and you prolly need a catch can. If you study scotto or sportsman flyer, they do a lot of them builds,and could be a lot of help.............Curt

langolier

Jul 6, 2015
Wisconsin
Or a 90 degree breather hose that points up. will still breath but oil will run back into "head". Actually by leaving it that way it would be true to the era "oil spit'n machine". Love the build good job !

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Run a hose from the vent hole up along the underside of your tank. then down the side of the frame seat post tube and end the hose just below the bottom bracket. Taking the hose up above the engine first will allow gravity to feed some of the misted oil back to the engine. If you want no oil loss the add a catch can along the seat post frame tube. Run 20 oz. oil.