Bonneville Flyer #13

GoldenMotor.com

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Hi Guys,
Figured I would share pictures of my latest Bonneville Flyer, bike number 13. We did this one in a grey color which was common on old Harley's. At first I wasn't sure about the color choice but I found as I started assembling the bike that the color works well. Dark colors seem to hide the details while lighter colors let everything stand out. This bike runs my latest Harley style handlebars and forks as well. Engine is a Hemi head Honda case mix of parts complete with electric starter and charging system. Tires are 21" H speed rated.

Bonneville Flyer #13 by Pat Dolan, on Flickr

Here is a picture of my brother after taking it for a quick ride. I can tell he is happy with the engine he built!

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Link works & the bike looks and sounds fantastic ...the grey was a good vintage choice, well done Sir! Rick C.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Lucky 13, another beautiful bike in a great color. I really like the wheels, fork and that electric start. Must be a blast to ride that’s for sure. Keep up the great work Pat…

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Wow... I concur that it sounds great and is obviously fast. Grey is a good color choice. I did a trike using Ford 8N tractor paint and love the understated vintage look. Grey sounds blah, but is actually rich looking on a bike. Another great Flyer, Pat.
SB

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Another awesome build Pat!! (^)

I have a few other projects that I'm trying to finish, but I'm still planning on building another Sportsman Flyer in the near future with a 212cc this time. ;)

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Wow... I concur that it sounds great and is obviously fast. Grey is a good color choice. I did a trike using Ford 8N tractor paint and love the understated vintage look. Grey sounds blah, but is actually rich looking on a bike. Another great Flyer, Pat.
SB
I concur SB as grey/silver is my favorite color, 1st. real driving experience was on an 8N Ford (grey sheet metal & red engine/drive train) 6 or 7 years old... yahoo!
Understated maybe but sure makes the individual elements of your build stand out. Whole package makes me want to go for a long ride, Pat. Rick C.

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
The wheels and tires are nice. Are they just slightly shorter than 26"bicycle?
My drawings show a cruiser bicycle at 26.5" rolling diameter and the 21" motorcycle tires I use at 26.75", so just a 1/4" larger. That's an 1/8" each side of the circle. If they look shorter it's because the bike is longer than a cruiser.

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
I concur SB as grey/silver is my favorite color, 1st. real driving experience was on an 8N Ford (grey sheet metal & red engine/drive train) 6 or 7 years old... yahoo!
Understated maybe but sure makes the individual elements of your build stand out. Whole package makes me want to go for a long ride, Pat. Rick C.
I'll need to look into that Ford 8N grey. It's no secret I'm a Ford guy through and through. I do own a Chevy, too, but it hates me. As far as old Ford tractors go I still spend a lot of time in the metal saddle on one. I drive a 1949 Silver Jubliee. Running around mowing the lawn with a nice wide deck brush hog every spring. It a crusty old work horse still getting the job done.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
My drawings show a cruiser bicycle at 26.5" rolling diameter and the 21" motorcycle tires I use at 26.75", so just a 1/4" larger. That's an 1/8" each side of the circle. If they look shorter it's because the bike is longer than a cruiser.
What size 21" tire gets you to that? Are they approx 3" wide also and on normal width rims?