Anyone familiar with this carb?

GoldenMotor.com

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Not that particular one, but I'm more familiar with the Dellorto and other Dellorto clones that are spigot mount and have the screw on type cap for the throttle cable... I'm sure this is very similar, but definitely a good cantidate to consider.
My other favorite would be the Mikuni VM18 which is basically the typical screw on barrel cap type, but both Mikuni and Dellorto and their clones come in both spigot mount and clamp mount configurations. There are some really good ones at treatland in the 19 to 21mm size range that would work once tuned but some of them are quite pricy.

The one you posted a link for is nice and the price is also really good, I usually see those in the $59 to $79 price range.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I thought it would be a cool carb for a more compact set up than having to use a hose between carb and intake.

Would be cool if Fred made a spigot for his intake that this larger carb would clamp to, would make a compact bigger carb option.

Just brain storming a little..LOL!

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
That Fred intake looks like making a new spigot on a lathe would be pretty easy out of aluminum or even a plastic like nylon or delrin... or even a flat plate of aluminum or plastic and just order a carb boot for the size of carb you want to install.
It looks like his chambered intake ( which pretty much does the same thing a longer intake does for low rpm but acts more like a short intake at higher rpm) is a 2 piece design so making a new carb adapter would be pretty straight forward.

frank66

Jan 15, 2015
canada
i had a barrel walbro clone from ebay that pissed fuel out and didnt run- garbage

alexprees sent a walbro clone that did the same thing.

my chainsaw carbs and davesmotors all work fine.

the rebuild kits didnt help the garbage carbs cause they were different... not sure whats happening in china but diaphram carbs did not work. true story im afraid- even the series of gaskets were weird so i couldnt match it up with a rebuild kit. they are both in the garbage now.

Last edited: