walbro and delato style carb differences?

GoldenMotor.com

lucajo16

Dec 12, 2013
cincinnati, ohio
I don't know much about carberators outside of how they work and I know for a fact that the HT stock carbs just suck. Is there any advantage of using a walbro card like JNM motors sells verses the delato style card and clones? What kind of upgraded carb would you recommend to a newbie to carbs?

zpt

boxcar

Dec 18, 2014
Astoria OR
The Delorto clones are a direct replacement unit. ( you will need a new throttle cable )
Very reliable and easy to tune.
Most good kits come with a jet selection for the re-jetting that some engine set ups may require.
I got my entire kit ( with extra jets , a new billet throttle , new kill switch and braided throttle cable for $50.
The Walbro requires a special intake adapter , and is not a direct replacement.
It is a very well built carb ,but is also prone to need frequent service and tuning.
I run the Delorto. And am very satisfied with the results...

lucajo16

Dec 12, 2013
cincinnati, ohio
What about a mikuni carb? Is it any better then the delorto carb? I'm going for a performance build on this next bike. I plan to do as much as I can with my 2nd build as my first and then some. dance1

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
The Delorto clones are a direct replacement unit. ( you will need a new throttle cable )
[...]
I got my entire kit ( with extra jets , a new billet throttle , new kill switch and braided throttle cable for $50.
[...]
I run the Delorto. And am very satisfied with the results...
please post a link to that.
please!

(and holy crap, I hope whoever sold that to you will ship to Canada)

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
The sha clone carb is the only one I will bother with. Much better metering throughout the range and easier to fine tune with the screw fuel adjustment.
CNS, Speed, RT are no real improvement and are a pita to tune.

Here's where I got mine. Jetting was spot on perfect right out of the box. Have not touched adjustments at all.
http://www.pedalchopper.com/carburetor-solution/
Also available with a single cable/lever choke which is the one I have,

Last edited: