Mongoose Dolomite

GoldenMotor.com

HankSC

Sep 18, 2014
Charleston, SC
Just finished my build. Started with the Mongoose Dolomite and turned it into more of a cruiser. 500W electric on the front wheel with 48V 12AH Lithium NCM Battery on the rear rack...

John C.
Charleston, SC

HotRodRob

Apr 14, 2013
Western KY
That's cool! Glad you shared the pics. How do those big wide tires feel compared to a standard size tire? I pedaled one down the isle at wally world but couldn't really get a good feel of the bike. What air pressure do they use? I bet those balloon tires make for a cushy ride. Perfect for cruisin the beach or park.

HankSC

Sep 18, 2014
Charleston, SC
Thanks! The wide tires feel good and it handles pretty well. You can run low psi for off road but it handles and rolls much better on the road between 20 and 25 psi.

That's cool! Glad you shared the pics. How do those big wide tires feel compared to a standard size tire? I pedaled one down the isle at wally world but couldn't really get a good feel of the bike. What air pressure do they use? I bet those balloon tires make for a cushy ride. Perfect for cruisin the beach or park.

HankSC

Sep 18, 2014
Charleston, SC
Thanks! Average cruising speed is 15 to 20 MPH. Top speed is about 25 MPH. I haven't taken the battery all the way to zero yet but I think it will probably have a range from 20 to 30 miles.

What is your average cruising speed? What will it top out at? What type of range do you get on a full charge? Build looks great!

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
Hank,
Very nice!
I may have to do a fat bike one day.
Fwd is a great way to go to totally separate the rear pedal drive from motor drive.
I live in Charleston too.
Cheers,
-Lowracer-

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
In your case you can either move the batteries or add weight. Your call. Trust me, you dont want a high center of gravity on a motorized bike.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Very nice clean build.
Well done sir!
In your case you can either move the batteries or add weight. Your call. Trust me, you dont want a high center of gravity on a motorized bike.
He'll be OK center of gravity wise, the battery is the flat box on top of the rack not the bag on top of that, the bottom end is very heavy, and the kickstand holds it up.

That said there are big batteries that drop right in the tight center cavity for a nice CoG.

http://EM3ev.com 54V 960W 35aH Lithium Ion battery pack.

speedbump008

Apr 3, 2017
palm beach shores
hello everyone im new to this blog. but im a engineer and i build custom motorized bikes for the last 3 years as a hobbie on the island that i live on and have had great success. Ive just recently started building fat tire custom bicycles here is pics of a beast and dolomite that i built in one nite beast for under 300 and the dolo for around the same. fun hobby and a little profitable. btw im a skilled welder and engineer and these fat tire bike builds are not for novice builders. let me know if you have any questions.