Dellorto SHA tuning help

GoldenMotor.com

fischer550

Mar 24, 2014
Fort Collins, CO
I got my dellorto sha 16.16 in the mail and have been trying to tune it. Elevation 5,000ft. I put a .60 dellorto jet in, and while the top end pulls hard, at 0-1/2 throttle it four strokes. Do I just need to keep down jetting until it goes away? Won't that make my top end too lean, bad for motor? Also using optic at 100:1. Thanks

pierce.jeremy

Aug 5, 2014
Ashtabula, Ohio
I have a dellorto 15/15 and also need help or advice to tune it. I just got a set of jets 60.65.70.75.80. and 85 I live in ohio and would like to know wich one to I use. It comes with a #70 I heard and it bogs when I give it gas. Took the air filter off seemed to work a lil better. Go down size or up is the question I guess?

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
I was on my phone last night, thus the short replies. I ran this carb for a while and its pretty ea sy to tune. The air filters are a big restriction in the flow on these small carbs. I feel that if you dont go through really dirty dusty environments then you can kinda get away with no filter. I just took a single screen and cut it out in a round shape and stuck it in the boot that comes on the air filters. those crazy k&n filters are restrictive too don't be fooled. I know its not good practice to run no air filter, but i found that i could run a much larger jet and get smoother acceleration. before i had a 66 jet in the dellorto 15/15 and 16/16 and it was running hot with little power but 4 stroking at full throttle, and i went up 70 72 74 and it would just 4 stroke more.

after talking to some people i took the air filter off and its like my power was unlocked.
so my quick solution for messing with this carb is put the biggest jet you have in, and take the air filter off or run a real unrestrictive foam one not the cone style filters.