Hp Walbro Carb kit [ stage 3 ]

GoldenMotor.com

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
I'm not familiar with the kit your asking about, however have a little experience with the Walbros.
I like them, for the ease of hi/low adjustment, not sure that they give better mid range, but do give good top end.
16mm barrel carb has been good on my fastest motor to date, and very cheap.
I think it depends on riding style,
What reed have you got?
What size is the walbro?
What other mods?

sub66

Apr 25, 2014
canada
the adaptor doesnt fit well due to the cyl. the filter is worth nothing and doesnt fit frames like mine. the cable mount will not work with the light return spring/ will blow ur motor when it sticks wide open 5 times in a row like mine did.

the lever spring is for highaltitude w popoff of 25 psi running the engine lean and hot.

no pulse line in kit. carb must be modified w epoxy hose barb. so does engine...thats all missing and very hard to find after the fact. cannot be run. no instructions. just buy me. then ur on ur own.

all that aside i like my 49 dollar walbro hda-48. the inside diameters are great.

sub66

Apr 25, 2014
canada
again the diameter is fantastic. all those things aside above. i really like this carb. i feel it has issues but it is still a stage 3 kit. if it is tuned i love it. the adaptor carb and velocity stack have a beatifull 18mm barrel straight through. i couldnt recomend anything better. the potential of the parts after the problems i related is very high.
really its just knoweledge you need. im the one sweeping up messes and thats not right. i spent two months dicking w that carb. can i get paid aswell please?

SuperChris

May 2, 2014
Roseburg Oregon
Just got mine and I am pissed! There is no way to attach a throttle cable and they blocked off the pulse port. It didn't come with a choke lever and it took a week to get here. Don't buy it! Just get yourself an HDA48 and build all the rest yourself and you will be money and hassle ahead. They can't receive voice messages because their inbox is full and there is something wrong with their email address.

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
guys apparently the puls line is blocked off because it has been modded to run without it. ffrom what i understand u do not need a pulse line to run this carb setup becausse they have modded it that way .

sub66

Apr 25, 2014
canada
well me and chris are pissed off with jnm and the crap kit roger. the carb isnt the problem its the kit.

chris says get a hda48 yourself and i agree. the other parts dont fit and stuff is missing.
no instructions. just buy it> your on your own. jnm is like godzilla in japan. ruin everything they bump into.

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
well me and chris are pissed off with jnm and the crap kit roger. the carb isnt the problem its the kit.

chris says get a hda48 yourself and i agree. the other parts dont fit and stuff is missing.
no instructions. just buy it> your on your own. jnm is like godzilla in japan. ruin everything they bump into.
lol wow the kit is all jacked up like that ? well that sucks !

i know the walbro carbs are great carbs but i wouldnt buy a kit myself ether, i know with diaphram carb you need to make your own cable and cut it to length then make a cable bracket and adjuster nut and then hook it up with a drilled bolt and a custom return spring to suite your needs

also i would imagine you need a spacer / adapter to matvh it to the motor then drill your own pulse line for it to be fed fueel

this style carb is not for beginners and i can see now why a walbro kit is not a good idea !

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
If you know what your doing, Walbro style carbs are great.
Highly recommended.
Probably better suited to 'competition' style motors, Speed carb is an adequate device for the job majority of the time.
But tuning 'on the fly' is possible with a Walbro (be it a little dangerous) and lets you know you have that little motor in it's 'sweet spot'.

66sub

May 27, 2014
canada
a diaphram carb is going to have bad midrange cruise if any. its possible and easier to tune at low and high throttle as those are the two places the motor will resist going faster on its own.
as airspeed increases on cruise the fuel required is needing a smaller jet. turning the adjusters more closed is the route to fix the situation. less is better but brain suggests more and gets it all wrong. :)