jakes bike (disc biscuit)

GoldenMotor.com

tx1211

Feb 12, 2014
houston
purchased this as i am need the of offset to clear my frame,i know its somewhat pricey but the quality looks to be top notch, and this the only way my chain will go on and be straight . any input?

http://shop.jakebike.com/The-Disc-Biscuit-rear-disc-drive-setup-28.html

will end up grinding out the center sprocket hole or might just order the sprocket that they sell for this

http://shop.jakebike.com/product.sc?productId=129&categoryId=12

seeing if any one has used this before ?
as after reading bad reviews about kings i was trying to steer clear of his products as he was the only one for a while who offered the "top hat adaptor".

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I have no experience with that product but I'm curious why they don't show a picture with a drive chain installed. That has always been the problem with disc brake/sprocket adapters. They're usually isn't enough space to mount a caliper and still have chain clearance unless you use a very small rear sprocket.
I'd ask to see a photo of their adapter installed with the chain.

Tom

tx1211

Feb 12, 2014
houston
okay will do. i guess im going to go with the 40 tooth as im looking for more mid range vs. the high speed stuff . and as for the rear it will be the standard brake and the front has disc already ordered the 2 in 1 lever for those as well.

Last edited:

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
I spent a good deal of money on Jake's parts and tried to spend a good deal more. Jake couldn't/wouldn't deliver on the balance of the order and refunded the money I paid him for an expansion chamber, a front wheel disc brake conversion and some small misc. stuff. What he did manage to deliver (cylinder head, intake plenum, and ported jug) were of substandard quality and I had to repair them before installation.
The final insult was when I read the a hand written note from Jake on the bottom of the last invoice stating that I would have gotten better service if I had bought my frame from him.
I had spent $500 and wanted to spend another $500, but that wasn't good enough for Jake he wanted me to spend another $300 on the frame I purchased from another source for $169. Bye bye Jake...
.flg.

tx1211

Feb 12, 2014
houston
well thankfully over all ive spent 50$ and will be spending another 50$ on the sprocket if everything goes smoothly with this 1st order ..thankfully im no where near the 500$ mark you speak of.. plus id rather give jake my business vs.. kings sales who will not return a simple email i sent over a month ago surely not giving putting my money into that crap hole... at least you got your money refunded so aint that bad..

tx1211

Feb 12, 2014
houston
Well my disc brake adaptor plate came in on time so looks like (jakes) is okay by me .Going ahead with the sprocket order now .wee.

tx1211

Feb 12, 2014
houston
now i just need to figure out what size chainring bolts there using in conjunction with this setup. as i really dont feel like paying an extra 40+ dollars on the markup there using.
when i can spend roughly 13 $ (thats with shipping) from dans comp for 2 sets of chainrings long or short or a little more for colored . thinking of going with a 40T as i have a few mods in mind that should help out with torque .

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
On my 9hp KTM50 chopper I'm using the HF hardened 1/4-20 machine screws from their assorted kit they sell that includes large hardened black oxide coated washers, split lockwashers, and nyloc nuts for use in machine tool fixtures. I use them to fit my bigass 80t to a 18t (lines up with 9 bolt hole pattern) welded to the hub. Basically anything SAE grade 5 or above or Metric 8.8 KPa will suffice for a 9H sprocket since the nine bolts share the loading.