New Grubee 4g Advise

GoldenMotor.com

MadMannArt

Aug 13, 2013
LongBeach, wa
I ordered a 4 stroke 4g V-frame kit from GasBike.net, it should be here Tuesday.
I know stuff breaks down, as it is the nature of the beast...
I have already ordered a new 12 tooth drive sprocket, as I have heard this to be a weak point...
What else needs to be kept as "spares" for this kit? I do not mind stuff breaking, I do mind not being able to get parts, when I want them, with out waiting days...
So, other than the whole thing, what should I keep on hand.
My only mod will be:
Clamshell Sprocket Adapter
Spring loaded Chain tensioner
Drilled out stock air box w/foam filter, drilled carb jet, straight pipe to 3/4 inch lawn mower muffler...

I do have a spare new 44 tooth rear sprocket, the stock is 50 tooth... I have wonders if it maybe too small....
Oh yeah, just to make everyone gasp, it's going on a Huffy Deluxe Beach cruiser! lol
Feel free to jump right in!

brnot

MadMannArt

Aug 13, 2013
LongBeach, wa
To add insult to injury, did I mention that I'm putting a $200 Monark2 Springer on my $119 Huffy?
I am fully aware that I have no sense....laff

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
:)
I believe the technical term for that is "chrome plating a turd"
The same strange impulse that makes teenagers bolt $7,000 dollars worth of rims on a $500 dollar beater Impala.

MadMannArt

Aug 13, 2013
LongBeach, wa
It will get me around whilst I piece togeather "The Betsy" which will get a very good frame, q-matic, and a Honda engine.
I'm retired and single, I get to do what I want. If the huffy lasts a year or so, it will be more than fine...
I just want to keep it running until then...
dance1

MadMannArt

Aug 13, 2013
LongBeach, wa
this SUCKS! I ordered the 100 tooth/12 tooth freewheel kit and they ship me the 80 tooth with a ready to fail one way bearing kit.
Then they told me that it was my problem, not theirs!
I wrote a post about my Failed motorbike in the tavern...

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Maybe their are liquidating and don't give a rats about sales. You and some others have had recent problems with Gasbike. KCVale recently posted that the owner is trying to unload a shipment of complete engines.

Something smells rotten in Denmark.

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

worksuxxx

Jul 16, 2013
Omaha
Probably cuz the new engines have problems. Now they know it...
Most noticable is the valve tap noise that will not go away unless there is no gap in the valve lash. And I mean a loud valve tap noise. Flywheel and cdi are different also, engine will not rev past 7000 rpm. Carbs also have issues. I know they got a new shipment recently, and the first two engines just wouldn't run right at all. After alot of headache, they replaced both of them. The two new ones sent to me also had issues. All were built recently 03/25/2013. They may have some old stock they are selling due to the fact these new ones have the above issues. I don't know. I can not be the only one complaining about the changes in design, or problems from the engine. Ask them to allow a return of the kit due to it not being the same as described on the website when you placed the order. If they do not comply, just dispute with your cc company.

worksuxxx

Jul 16, 2013
Omaha
Just to update everyone. Bicycle.engines has the good engines. They use a different manufacturer. After I spoke to them about the changes with the engines from Gasbike, they are going to check into it. But to date have not heard of any changes with their manufacturer. So if you are interested in the Huasheng engines, try them. I have not spoken with BikeBerry, so you could always inquire with them before a purchase. But as far as Gasbike, I myself won't order from them anymore.