Is this a good starter kit???

GoldenMotor.com

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Hey guys...

I am wanting to build my first 4 stroke and am wondering if this is a good quality kit?

I have read on many posts here about having to do a bushing/bearing conversion, or something to do with an oilite bushing?

In the description of this kit, it states that the one way bearing has been eliminated.....? Will I still need to do the bearing conversion like Cobrafreak did?

Sry for the questions, but I am new to the world of 4 strokes.

Edit: Sry, here is the link to the kit http://www.gasbike.net/bike-motor-kit-grubee-2011-skyhawk-4-g-t-belt-v-2879-prd1.html

jburr36

Jul 17, 2008
Idaho
After reading a lot of threads in the forum I would recommend that you contact the vendor and ask if that engine has the tapered shaft or the straight 5/8" shaft because the tapered shaft is better. Other threads mentioned that clutch on the 5/8" shaft is loose fitting and makes a lot of clanking noises. Also the threads regarding modifying the clutch bell with sealed bearings is on a kit with the 5/8" shaft.

I just bought this 4 cycle kit from these guys http://www.kingsmotorbikes.com/4_stroke_bicycle_engine_kits.htm and it has the tapered shaft and no oilite bearing. It uses sealed bearings on both shafts in the gearbox.

I'm not sure is Gas Bikes is the same vendor as Kings Motor Bikes or not. I know that the vendor that operates Kings has 3 or 4 different websites that sell the same stuff.

worksuxxx

Jul 16, 2013
Omaha
Gasbike.net does sell the tapered shaft kit although the picture shows 5/8 shaft kit. But you may want to call and specify which version you want. 80t or 100t pulley seems to be shipped at their discretion if you don't specify. I ordered a kit 3 weeks ago and got the 100 tooth pulley kit. The next week I ordered two more kits, thinking I would have gotten the same kit. Wrong, they sent me two kits with the 80 tooth pulley. I have already ran both of them, and prefer the 100 tooth pulley. The 80 tooth pulley to me is noisier and has a little less low end power. Also the clutch does not engage til 4000 rpm range. I thought I would have like that, but now wish it were lower. Both kits seem to have a higher rpm engagement from gasbike.net. The clutch shoes on the 100 tooth pulley kit were much better. I hope this helps in your quest for a 4 stroke kit.