4G T belt driv trans.

GoldenMotor.com

budman27

Dec 23, 2011
Galveston Tx.
I,m looking to buy a 4G T belt drive trans. for a 49.5cc Huasheng engine with the taperd shaft. Can you help me find a dealer selling them these days? Thank you in advance. If at all pos. I want one without that bad one way bearing.

jburr36

Jul 17, 2008
Idaho
I,m looking to buy a 4G T belt drive trans. for a 49.5cc Huasheng engine with the taperd shaft. Can you help me find a dealer selling them these days? Thank you in advance. If at all pos. I want one without that bad one way bearing.
Kings Motor bikes/gas bikes sell them but last I checked they were out of stock and are waiting for a new shipment.

worksuxxx

Jul 16, 2013
Omaha
Gasbike.net does have them in stock. I bought two of the kits yesterday. Word of advice though, the picture they show online is the 5/8 shaft kit. This is not the kit you will receive. They send you the tapered shaft kit. I prefer the tapered shaft kit overall, tried both of them. The clutch in the tapered shaft kit is better, and upgradable with Staton's clutch for an additional $50. The 5/8 shaft is longer, which makes the motor sit in the bike offset to the left side more. Also the primary output gear on the 5/8 shaft gets in the way of the oil fill plug, you will have to modify the plug or remove gear reduction box everytime you change the oil. The clutch bell rotor clangs around more on the 5/8 shaft kit as well. The clutch bell rotor on the 5/8 shaft looks to be a more durable build, the tapered shaft clutch bell rotor is welded onto the front pulley shaft and looks weak. But you should not have any problems unless you have a bad clutch. Along the lines of upgrading in the future to a better gear reduction box using a tapered shaft, the Qmatic does offer a kit now for the tapered shaft. Just have to get the adapter for it. For me, $30 cheaper for the tapered shaft, bolts right on versus 5/8 shaft kit requires some assembly, I like the higher rpm engagement for smoother takeoff, the simplicity of changing the oil without modifying, and the engine is more centered in the frame. I hope this helps, I have used both these engines in the Astra 29" and the Huffy Newport.

worksuxxx

Jul 16, 2013
Omaha
GearNut, why is the 100t pulley version better? I have put one together and liked it, ordered two more kits from gasbike.net and this time they sent me the 80t pulley version. Not sure why.I like the peekaboo 4g gearbox cover with the 80t. It has an opening showing the pulley. Looks really cool. Anyhow I have been riding around the 80t version today and seems fine. I don't really notice any difference in the two.

budman27

Dec 23, 2011
Galveston Tx.
sent gasbike.net 119 dollar money order last week. I think they are on back order now, so I told them just to hold my order till they come in. Thanks for your help.