New build (rebuild)

GoldenMotor.com

oldtimer54

May 15, 2010
On a bike
Hi guys Ive decided to rebuild my 7 speed scout getting rid of the 2 stroke and rebuilding it with a lifan 97.9cc 4 stroke flat head. Ill probably use this clutch: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Go-kart...ultDomain_0&hash=item4d00c16526#ht_665wt_1117

I see no advantage in using the AGK jackshaft so I want to drive my own jackshaft direct from the clutch. Ive seen others doing it this way. Ill drive a rear 7 speed sprocket that has a 34 tooth granny gear off a SBP Heavy Duty Freewheel. Iam not trying to build a racer but want lots of bottom end torque to get me up these little 10,000 foot hills. (in Colorado a 10,000 foot mountain is just a hill lol) So what gearing do you guys think Ill need to get good bottom end and get me up to around 40 mph? I have just about everything I need but sprockets. What do you think about driving my jackshaft direct from the clutch? Any advice? Thanks Dan

PS is there any way I can stop being logged off when I take too long to type this stuff? See Iam a very SLOW typist and get booted off the site every time I try to ask something here?

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Copy and paste your post to notepad or Word before hitting the post button. if it logs you out, you can log back in and paste your post onto the site.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
This thread has been cleaned and arguments removed.

The OP has a question. If you cannot offer help or advice move on to somewhere else.
Show respect to your fellow members or ignore the thread.

Tom

oldtimer54

May 15, 2010
On a bike
This thread has been cleaned and arguments removed.

The OP has a question. If you cannot offer help or advice move on to somewhere else.
Show respect to your fellow members or ignore the thread.

Tom
Thank You Tom. Guys I still need help. Can I drive my jackshaft direct from the clutch? Do I really need 2 jackshafts to make this work? I think I just need some help with gear ratios?

oldtimer54

May 15, 2010
On a bike
Ok thanks to scotto Ive got the ratio together (I hope). So what would you guys say is the strongest tire I can buy with out buying a simplex?

oldtimer54

May 15, 2010
On a bike
I really cant afford to spend $222 per tire for the simplex tires I want or $126 for the ones I don't want but will work. There must be some other choice?

oldtimer54

May 15, 2010
On a bike
That looks good but it says to only put in 30lb PS on wide rims or it could blast. Dosent sound to good to me lol. What do you think about a tire that could blow with over 30lb ps? Yesterday I took my 200cc bike out for a ride on a 4 wheel drive road and I pinched a tube from a small bounce off a rock? I think I need something that will hold 90lb PS? What do you guys think? Thanks