Sprocket Adapter Advice

GoldenMotor.com

JaxInsany

May 6, 2013
Portland, OR
Hello community! I need to get a sprocket adapter and do not know which to purchase, the Manic Mechanic or the Pirate Cycles model. My inner hub diameter is 1.11 but this picture on the Manic Mechanic website:

Shows that a hub with more than 1/4 inch flare will not work. My flare is about 3/8. I need to find an adapter that will be a good, solid fit! Any suggestions?

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
As long as your hub diameter is ok I think you can make it work. You might need to add some washers to space your sprocket out a little, and worse case get longer bolts, but should all be normal hardware store stuff.

This is a Pirate Cycle adapter.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Thanks so much! Are the spacers to compensate for the non-flush fit with the hub flare?
No, in my case the tire was so wide I had to space the sprocket out so the chain could clear the tire. My motor is also offset to the left 3/8".

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
As long as the rest of the hub is the correct diameter no, but you'll probably need to space the sprocket out a little.
I concur but if the hub shape is a real problem a good machine shop could relieve the outer end to fit the flare of your hub. I doubt that will be necessary though. You're only talking about something like 1/8". You can make that up with a couple of washers/spacers between the sprocket and adapter bosses.

The critical part is making sure the adapter fits the hub perfectly. Check closely with your supplier to make sure the measurements are precise.

Tom

CarpsCustoms

Jan 27, 2014
Waterbury, Connecticut
HEY GUYSSSS im brand new to this website but ive been building these bikes for a while now.

does ANYONE know where to custom order a sprocket adapter for a 7/8" hubshell????????? Wanna make this Roadmaster flyyyyyyyy brnot

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
dnuthow do i subscribe to a thread???????????????????
By posting in that thread or at the top of the thread you wish to subscribe to you will see Thread Tools, Search This Thread and Display Modes.

Click on Thread Tools. Then select Subscribe To This Thread.

To unsubscribe from a thread you will need to enter your User CP.

In your control panel to the left under Your profile select Subscription List. From their you can unsubscribe from a thread if you wish.