GT2A-S front fork ???s

GoldenMotor.com

recumbentbill

Jul 5, 2009
millington tn
Hello Motorbikers Its been awhile since I left . Now I'm back into motorized bicycles and I need some input/Help. A GT2A-S frame will be arriving next week 5/16/13.I need a front fork [mtn bike susp] I know the GT2A-S frame steer tube is for a 1 & 1/8 stem I need to know the length . Any help is appreciated

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
I can measure mine tomorrow. I'm already in bed. Lol. It's going to be tough finding an exact one to fit. I had to cut my steerer tube.

recumbentbill

Jul 5, 2009
millington tn
Thanks for the offer runner mike I now know that I will have to cut the steer tube which is no big deal. After surfing the net my old school threaded steer tube ways have been updated to threadless ways.

recumbentbill

Jul 5, 2009
millington tn
Gt2A-s frame arrived today. First impressions are good. I liked the way the frame was packaged for shipping. Frame seems real beefy and the welds seem top notch to me. No engine mount yet but just holding the honda engine up in the frame I can tell the engine will fit very nice

Attachments

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
So you have the frame and can measure the neck, cool.
4-stroke direct drive when you supply the back wheel? tsk tsk, you coulda had a shifter ;-}

recumbentbill

Jul 5, 2009
millington tn
So you have the frame and can measure the neck, cool.
4-stroke direct drive when you supply the back wheel? tsk tsk, you coulda had a shifter ;-}
Tsk Tsk I do have the shift kit and the direct drive. Will use the shift kit later when I find a rear 5+ tooth hub that is stout enough to be reliable. Any recommendations??? Was not happy with the thin deurailer chain that broke also tried a sturmey archer 3 speed which worked fine for a couple of months

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Tsk Tsk I do have the shift kit and the direct drive. Will use the shift kit later
...also tried a sturmey archer 3 speed which worked fine for a couple of months
Your SA hub broke? That's disheartening, I just replaced a 7-speed derailleur that broke on a 4 stroke shifter with an SA 3-speed with a band brake.

I hope it doesn't suffer the same fate as yours.

I have no recommendation for a 5 speed derailleur but at least the chain the thicker than a 7+ speed. Personally I like internal shifters for JS builds, maybe try an SA HD 5-speed, they make them for cargo bikes.

MitchP

Oct 6, 2012
Santa Rosa, CA
The neck on the stem was 11 inches plus some spacers. Mind you I'm very tall so we didn't cut it. It's also an integrated head set. Oh yeah and the back forks are set pretty wide. You can add spacers or just squeeze together.