5150-Straight jacket sold separately

GoldenMotor.com

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
This is my one-off design. The biggest hurdle? No welds allowed. All nuts & bolts.I've been gathering parts and believe I'm ready to do this.

The first pic is of a Strada by Variflex scooter from the late 80's. That is a huasheng/4G combo that will be the begining motor/tranny for this project. The second pic is where I am right now. That's the scooter frame primered black for fitting,billet deck with post mount,curved 1" seat post,and a 12" front disc wheel on the rear with a velosolo 19 tooth disc cog.

This has been slow-going and I don't foresee it going any faster. Unfortunately. I am open to any and all questions,criticisms,and suggestions.

And yes,this will be a 'bicycle' when I'm done. Pedals,seat,post,top tube,and rear seat stays will be added,all with no welds. Just ask me how,I'm sure there's time.

Now,time to go....Back to the future!

Attachments

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
d_gizzle,
That frame looks very similar to the silver I-Zip I converted from electric to gas & recently sold (had a 4 stroke HS31). Where are you mounting the seat & will it be fwd for pedal drive?
-lowracer-

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Got the right phone now!

Check it out low! Had a bolt on bottom bracket but I stripped the threads out of it so now I will have it welded in,maybe everything else too. But.......that will probably be next year.

The engine and tank are just sitting there,everything else is bolted on. I have already ran the rear chain and will have the pedal chain on the left.

I am still doing this,but due to the pedal issue I'm making it a stand up. Just gonna put some pegs on the back.

One of these days I will take a proper picture.

Attachments

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
You have to quite lying down and standing on your head when you take pictures LOL

Very impresive i like it .............Curt

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Drilled the motor mount holes today,gonna chop-saw the jackshaft mount tomorrow,hopefully. And I might still be able to bolt the pedal crank on,we will see.

Thanks for the advice curtis,now the blood quit rushing to my brain!

Thank you wheelwoman,it is pretty small. I will be changing out that seat with a hornless seat or one with a back rest.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Low,I will have the pedals on the front of the jackshaft mount or up in the hole behind the headtube.

This scooter is a strada by variflex. But those are currie/scwhinn front disc wheels.

And I was watching all 5 or 6 threads you have had on your scooter conversions as I've had this project going for about a year now. That silver scooter would have been perfect for this project,and I said as much in your thread. Still can't find one in my price range.

Thanks for building your beasts,they've been really helpful. Can't wait to see more.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Nice mini bike ya got there.

I've got 3 I'm working on, 2 gas & 1 electric. The electric will be legal street here in CA. The gas ones I'll have to push or transport to the railroad right of way.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
That's what it looks like mikeB,but it will have pedals and the steering won't be sloppy. And I can stand on it and kick it,it actually rolls pretty decent considering the rear chain constantly spins.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Yeah, I guess you could add a front jackshaft and drive the rear through a freewheel.

With wee small crank arms. That thing is cute, I like it!

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I'm mounting a bottom bracket on top of the jackshaft mount,right in front of the engine.

And I'm using a wide pedal crank from the 4G engine kit I bought last year. 44 tooth sprocket,6 1/2 inch arms. I will post a pic once its bolted on.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
But your jackshaft idea sounds good. 2 pillow block bearings and a 12 inch long,3/4 inch shaft with pedal arms. Time to talk to sportscarpat it seems.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Thanks Curtis,but wait till you see the wheelie-bar! Maybe dual flex pipe exhausts too. Gotta find a stainless steel Y-pipe for that though.

mirage

Oct 31, 2010
england
you are still a moron. when you can make a chain the 1/4 size of a bicycle chain, make all the links by hand, with only a small lathe and bench drill to an accuracy of 2 thousands of an inch, 12 feet of it for an experimental radio active handling machine, plus giro scopes and inertial navigational gearboxes for guided missiles. then we can talk on the same level. You did not have the brains to get on the site, i should ask your local kindergarten kids to show you how to do it, and statons geabox is bigger than my engine it looks like. nothing like what members are looking for, now get of my back you thick pratt, do not post to me again. I like smart people. or build a bike like that on the site and we will listen.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
If you are so smart,just build your own box. Now you're saying statons box is too big. But I thought it wasn't a right side gearbox? If you want to steal someones idea,just build your own gearbox,genius. You say you built all of that,how hard would it be to build a gearbox?