HF 79cc predator throttle FYI

GoldenMotor.com

Longshot270

May 8, 2012
Texas
I'm not sure if anyone has gotten one like mine but my new preddy had to be modified to have a remote throttle work. The before pictures didn't turn out but here are the after pictures. I only made 2 changes. I drilled a small hole in the throttle lever and replaced the bolt (used to set max throttle) with a bike cable adjuster. Then I used a throttle cable off of a china girl kit because the lead lump was the perfect size and it just happened to be the perfect length.

The application is a tad different but this 79cc is a beast.

Works great now! I'm impressed with this little engine. There might be a predator bike in the future after trying this motor.

Longshot270

May 8, 2012
Texas
When I take it out on the water soon I will. I probably won't be jumping anything fast since it is going on a deep keeled, polyethylene canoe.

Longshot270

May 8, 2012
Texas
Well then it is a good thing my new muffler some how boosted the torque. lol I knew the engine was running lean but I never imagined a quieter muffler would make the larger 6 inch prop spin seemingly stronger.

Longshot270

May 8, 2012
Texas
Just an update for the original purpose...switched to a lawn mower throttle. I should have used that since day 1.

I've also done a few more modifications and set a flat water record of 11 mph in a flat bottom jon boat. It sure felt faster weaving through trees in a narrow river bed.

I also put in a tachometer/hour meter today, easy little $40 modification. Confirmed my hypothesis that the governor is actually higher than listed in the specs. I was able to get it up to 4000 RPM with the manual slide throttle.