vertical 212 hf?

GoldenMotor.com

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
it's going in at the angle shown...just gotta figure how much extra oil they add when doing that.....basically its rolled 90 degrees......I think some of those who did it werent quite that far .
btw there's no HF here or close by....for $6.99 they shipped it though from online shopping..................$99.00 when using the discount code that pops up

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
anyone needs the stock tank and muffler off this 212, they are welcome to it for the shipping charge.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
I just looked at the google map of all harbor freights in ct, and they are all middle state in a line from north to south...thats crazy, but id say the nearest is vernon...man I'm excited to see this beast growl to life...you doing jackshaft? I've got a couple shafts sitting around...if you tell me what to and how to measure then I will...

Last edited:

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
actually the ambassador has a bearing mount from the factory for their own jackshafted cvt/clutch.......we'll be using that to install the TAV without the jackshaft plate they come with to save some room and be able to put my rear drive pulley where it needs to be...we've already kinda postioned it all to make sure , but tommorow(weather permitting) we'll make the mount.
basically the jackshaft is 5/8s turned down to 12mm where it passes through the bearings....so we had to have one turned.
this isnt an involved build really, just adding a different motor and TAV...bike will look the same mostly.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
Ok, figure if ask...i believe the shafts I have are 13/16ths with a3/16ths keyway...ones about 4" and the other is about 10" same diameter and keyway...plus these weird little bolt ons that seem to hold a rim or something...

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
thanks for the offer ...thats a hefty shaft if its actually that size.....maybe theyre 3/4?

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
you do not want that chineeze flywheel exploding between your legs. a stock honda one is better. if not BMI karts has them. now the $$$$ part. if you put a billet one you will need a billet rod to go with it. if you dont want to go that way buy their steel one for it. if you plan on running ungoverned valve springs are a must. its easy to get outta hand because every mod causes another. and cheepest part is the motor funny huh. the steel flywheel will keep vibes down for distance riding. good luck i got over $1000 in my race motor and i tried to keep cost down. dennis

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
I was gonna try it governed and do another engine build as time permits on the side..
yes I can see how one mod leads to another........maybe just keeping the rpms in check will be okay to start.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
btw....which stock honda flywheel bolts right on ? any mods needed? ......I doubt I'll be sinking hundreds in a $100 engine.
where do they have steel flywheels?

Last edited:

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
5.5-6.5 hondas but they aint cheep unless you find a used one. the steel ones are at bmi $60 as are the billet ones. i dont know how well a gov. motor will do. but if you do that i'd leave it alone and see what happens.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
should I leave pics of this build here or move it to a thread in choppers or cruiser bike?

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
here's the engine mount
my sons meticulous so it all comes out right rather then when Im hacking

Last edited:

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
we used the jackshaft plate to nail down the distance then centered everything ....made a shaft and shimmed for the pulley and driven unit.....we may put a mount on the front for looks but it doesnt need it, the old tank mounts are bolted to the front of that plate....it's strong. also reinstalled the whizzer tank....someone had removed the mounts before we got it.

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
lookin good man. i never seen a preddy in a whizzer. might have to rename the bike. "sizzler" its gunna fly your going to luv the cvt.

glenn

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
Race, you might have to register that monster...looks too much like a motorcycle...or throw on a bogus crank...lol...looks fantastic...is that tank a gallon? Looks fairly large..does that preddy have a generator for lighting? You could probably throw a battery and a car alternator to charge up and run lights...plenty of room...