runs crappy gas pouring out of air cleaner

GoldenMotor.com

grizadams

Jul 23, 2012
minnesota
I just installed a petcock onto my bike and I used larger gas line hose because the fittings are larger...do I need to use the skinnier hose that came with the kit? Or could there be another problem like a stuck float?

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
When I've used larger (or thicker) fuel line, I've found that one trouble is getting the end of the line securely onto that little nipple on the carburetor.

It doesn't really sound as though your fuel is leaking from the outside of the carby. But maybe it's worth a look.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
You could run garden hose as long as the float and needle valve are working properly.

My guess is you got some dirt into the fuel line (are you using a in-line filter?) and it is keeping the needle valve from seating.
Other reasons could be a float that has leaked and is full of fuel or a carburetor that is way off level.

Tom

grizadams

Jul 23, 2012
minnesota
I did readjust the way the carb sits when I installed my muffler and I also had my fuel filter upside down to. So I'll start with the easy one first and readjust the carb again and then I'll tear it apart and see if there is any dirt in it.

Thanks for the advice.

young grease monkey

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago
you may have the float upside down, happened to me a few times. position it so the little tab that pushes the float needle up is closest to the needle. or there could be dirt in it, or something is stuck. readjusting the carb with the screws and barrel needle will do nothing, it is a float problem. just gotta tear it apart