HELP with HF 212cc project

GoldenMotor.com

hobojoe007

Aug 9, 2012
California
ok awesome according to my calculations my gear ratio will be 11.3, i got the torque converter, the rear sprocket, the jackshaft and the throttle assembly. now all i need is the exhaust. i dont have a welder or pipe bender so any ideas?

young grease monkey

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago
Look at agk, they have exhaust pipes. Also, if you are using a cvt then you will not need to worry about hills or starting from a stop. Top speed will be much more than 40 as well. Get a better back wheel

hobojoe007

Aug 9, 2012
California
Ok so this is my current situation: i have bought a new, sturdier frame that has sufficient room to accomodate such a large engine. I have a set of heavy cruiser wheels, the rear one having had a heavy duty rear axle installed on it. Now the problem is that i was told that my gear ratio should not dip below 10.5. Therefore i calculated i needed a 60 tooth rear sprocket. Will the 40 ssomething tooth sprocket i already have installed on the back wheel be ok since i will be installing a torque converter?

hobojoe007

Aug 9, 2012
California
Also i looked at agk and their pipes would need to be bent in order to fit my application. Is this reLatively achieveable? I do have a small propane torch that i could use to heat the Pipe with

sleepy hollow

Apr 28, 2012
huntington beach ca
No worries Aleman. Things probably got a little heated up from the 4-stroke commuter thread & carried to this one :ride:
yeah it was getting heated, i just was getting angry becuase i wasnt getting an answer to my question, i was getting questioned on why i wanted that big of a motor, lol its funnt looking back, id like to apologize to the mods and anyone i offended, btw Thank You SCOTTO for all the help

Genisisonyx29

Jul 8, 2011
Merced California
im not the smartest when it comes to these motorized bikes, but from what ive seen its probably a better idea to get a bike with a stronger frame, disc brakes, and shocks. that beastly preddy will destroy that frame. those brakes wont help u stop doing 50mph. hit the slightest bump doing 50mph and u could end up eating the pavement. heres a bike that scotto used on his preddy build http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA/2012/Cruiser/Men-s-1-Spd/Slant.aspx he added shocks and disc brakes to it though

hobojoe007

Aug 9, 2012
California
i know it was stupid of me but i have bought another frame, its a mens roadmaster luxury liner, the same one used by glennbo in his 212 build, it should be coming shortly, at the time i seriously underestimated the size of the engine, i will also be adding a springer fork and i have a drum brake. now all i need is a cool gas tank since i cant make my own!

cola

Jun 16, 2013
chicago
If you had of made one of the races you would have seen
AirEds $500 212 cc racer that uses the SBP jackshaft.

It's a little hard to see in the first pic but that is a SBP
jackshaft and yes that is a snake on the left side of the
2nd pic. :D

It seems to be hanging in there just fine and I personally
have ridden it around Grange at least 30 laps at a pretty
good clip.

can anyone tell me what lower mount that is? Thank you!

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
im not the smartest when it comes to these motorized bikes, but from what ive seen its probably a better idea to get a bike with a stronger frame, disc brakes, and shocks. that beastly preddy will destroy that frame. those brakes wont help u stop doing 50mph. hit the slightest bump doing 50mph and u could end up eating the pavement. heres a bike that scotto used on his preddy build http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA/2012/Cruiser/Men-s-1-Spd/Slant.aspx he added shocks and disc brakes to it though
Here's an updated link to the Felt "Slant" frame gone "Bixby".......my currently upgraded Race bike.... http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA/2013/Cruiser/Men-s-1-Spd/Bixby.aspx

.wee.