Huasheng Oil Change

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I have been riding my motorbike on Pennzoil for about 2 weeks. Should i buy any additives to run through my engine with the new oil to clean out what the crap oil left behind?
I don't know about additives, but I would drain the oil and then add some new oil to flush out the old. The fill it up with the new oit and do an oil change soon, like 5-10hrs running time. That should be fine.

dnut

Mr. Minecraft

Visionary
Jan 13, 2012
San Diego
I drained all the old oil out, and made sure every last drop of it was gone.Then i put the royal purple into the engine and started it up.

May 9, 2012
Jackson, TN
A question along these same lines (two actually), should I go with synthetic, petrolium, or a mix of both in an HS?

Also should I use a different type or weight of oil for break in than I do for normal operation?

Thanks!

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
A question along these same lines (two actually), should I go with synthetic, petrolium, or a mix of both in an HS?

Also should I use a different type or weight of oil for break in than I do for normal operation?

Thanks!
Just the way I usually do is to break it in with a petroleum for good ring seal, then I'll switch to a 50%-50% blend for one ore two oil changes. then I go with full synthetic for the duration, pretty much using the same viscosity throughout.

That's just how I do it and it's not gospel.

dnut

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
A synthetic isn't truly necessary for anything but piece of mind on a Huasheng. Take azbill's HS for example, he put over 14,000 miles on his engine using nothing but conventional 10w-30. No fancy synthetic or heavy duty oil, just regular automotive oil. It's easy to overthink things when it comes to oil, and many people have their own opinions on the matter. That said, friends don't let friends use Pennzoil! :D

I've experimented with a number of different grades on my HS, from straight 30 to 15w-40 and 5w-50 full synthetic. I've been using Shell Rotella T for the last 3 oil changes. It's a conventional extra-heavy duty oil that came highly recommended by a friend of mine who rebuilds a wide range of engines for a living. He thinks synthetic oil is a gimmick, for what it's worth and won't dare to use it on his own engines. All he uses is Rotella T.

In the end it may or may not matter what you use, so long as you change the oil often enough. I change mine every 6-10 weeks.

May 9, 2012
Jackson, TN
I'm also a big fan of frequent oil changes (3,000 miles on a car), is that about equivalent to 10 hours on an HS? (Not meaning going 3,000 miles in 10 hours, meaning is 10 hours a really conservative estimate?) Also I generally use Castrol GTX in the car. Is that a decent oil for the HS?

Thanks!

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I'm also a big fan of frequent oil changes (3,000 miles on a car), is that about equivalent to 10 hours on an HS? (Not meaning going 3,000 miles in 10 hours, meaning is 10 hours a really conservative estimate?) Also I generally use Castrol GTX in the car. Is that a decent oil for the HS?

Thanks!
Castrol GTX is good oil in your car or in your HS. Actually I change the oil in my race bike every 10 hrs. In my daily riders, since I'm running synthetics I usually change it every 20hrs which is still very frequent. 20hrs = 500mi @ 25mph avg.

Mr. Minecraft

Visionary
Jan 13, 2012
San Diego
When i was riding today (me and my dad went from Rancho Penasquitos to Mira Mesa, which is about 22 miles) i noticed that i heard a rattling sound, and i had no idea what it was coming from. I tightened EVERYTHING down and it was still making the noise. Then I read the post about valve lash and opened the valve cover. The rockers were loose as ****!I tightened them down just to the point where they dont move, then i tightened everything up and rode it. The performance was greatly improved, and there is no more annoying sound! When i fixed the valve lash, all i did was tighten it all down, i didnt use feeler gauges or anything. Was i supposed to?

Oh **** i just saw a video on youtube. I was supposed to use feeler gauges... Ill go re do it xD

Ok so i set the intake to .003 and the exhaust to .005 does this sound about right? I want max HP

Last edited:

socialdistortionkid

May 14, 2011
Orange County, CA
Hey guys I reccommend non synthetic for break in then switch to Mobil 1 or Mobil 1 Extended performance and ill tell you why..

If it wasnt the best than why does Nascar use Mobil 1 and why is it a factory fill on GM, Porsche, Mercedes Benz and other vehicles...

Here is a video done on a BMW 325 engine ran with Mobil 1 for 1 million miles and then torn down and shows little wear... Incredible!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHmMlU8Q-V8

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
iuse straight weight 30 in mine, fr the price of free from work, if i run it in the winter ill get a better 10w or 5w oil. but i change my oil once a week, need it or not, considering youget 4 oil changes out of a bottle of oil, why wouldnt you

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
iuse straight weight 30 in mine, fr the price of free from work, if i run it in the winter ill get a better 10w or 5w oil. but i change my oil once a week, need it or not, considering youget 4 oil changes out of a bottle of oil, why wouldnt you
Let's just say that you really can't change your oil too much (unless it puts you in the poor house). On the contrary, to few oil changes and or running low on oil will considerably shorten the life of a small 4-stroke engine.

dnut

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
When i was riding today (me and my dad went from Rancho Penasquitos to Mira Mesa, which is about 22 miles) i noticed that i heard a rattling sound, and i had no idea what it was coming from. I tightened EVERYTHING down and it was still making the noise. Then I read the post about valve lash and opened the valve cover. The rockers were loose as ****!I tightened them down just to the point where they dont move, then i tightened everything up and rode it. The performance was greatly improved, and there is no more annoying sound! When i fixed the valve lash, all i did was tighten it all down, i didnt use feeler gauges or anything. Was i supposed to?

Oh **** i just saw a video on youtube. I was supposed to use feeler gauges... Ill go re do it xD

Ok so i set the intake to .003 and the exhaust to .005 does this sound about right? I want max HP
Gosh! Thats just amazing