1947 C.C.M. build

GoldenMotor.com

TubbyTire

Jun 22, 2012
Ontario,Canada
Hope this is the right spot, I'm new to the motorized pedal bike game... but, I thought I would jump in with both feet... here's Our 1947 - 53 C.C.M. build... it all started out like this...

Attachments

TubbyTire

Jun 22, 2012
Ontario,Canada
We found a few parts searching through junk... how thrifty... here's a bit of a mock up before actually starting the build... any suggestions or secrets I should know about or follow while building this project would be highly appreciated... thanks, Neil

Attachments

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Welcome to forum, Neil. Looks like you're off to a good start. With the single cross bar above that frame gives you a world of room for the engine. What does CCM stand for? That's Canadian made, right?
SB

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Love! that bike, just curious how much did you pay for it? and do you plan to keep the frame original? if not find a good welder and add a center bar and make an in frame tank, if you are going to keep it original then spend a extra few dollars and get a Sportsman Flyer behind the SS gas tank, and laid back seat post, theTank bolts on to the seat post, this bike is really cool! so keep that in mind when getting into the build, those kit tanks looks so stupid especially on such a cool bike like a CCM.
Keep us posted on the build

TubbyTire

Jun 22, 2012
Ontario,Canada
Welcome to forum, Neil. Looks like you're off to a good start. With the single cross bar above that frame gives you a world of room for the engine. What does CCM stand for? That's Canadian made, right?
SB
Thanks silverbear, yes it's super cool and C.C.M. is Canadian Cycle & Motor Co.

TubbyTire

Jun 22, 2012
Ontario,Canada
Love! that bike, just curious how much did you pay for it? and do you plan to keep the frame original? if not find a good welder and add a center bar and make an in frame tank, if you are going to keep it original then spend a extra few dollars and get a Sportsman Flyer behind the SS gas tank, and laid back seat post, theTank bolts on to the seat post, this bike is really cool! so keep that in mind when getting into the build, those kit tanks looks so stupid especially on such a cool bike like a CCM.
Keep us posted on the build
I got the bike for $25 at a Bike Junk Yard, and yes I'm in the market for a in frame tank... never thought of a lay back bar ? that would cure the cramped riding position... thanks for the input...

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I would reinforce the fender struts. The original fender struts can fold under vibration and cause an accident. You can find tubular steel struts on the internet that will bolt on. other than that, I wouldn't change a thing.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
cool bike! i've always liked those "speedster" style frames (or camelbacks. the way the top tube curves down) i'd make an in frame hanging tank for it. much simpler than welding in a middle bar, and you can do it all fancy with a brass pipe or something, like this:

TubbyTire

Jun 22, 2012
Ontario,Canada
cool bike! i've always liked those "speedster" style frames (or camelbacks. the way the top tube curves down) i'd make an in frame hanging tank for it. much simpler than welding in a middle bar, and you can do it all fancy with a brass pipe or something, like this:

YES EXACTLY...dnut

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
yeah, thats is a sweet bike, a piece of brass pipe or copper would look sweet for a tank. And the layback post is a must, i am 5' 6" and have 4" layback and I could use a bit more for when Im crouching.