Show me your (stand-up) Scooter

GoldenMotor.com

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Here's mine, fresh from a rebuild. A Mosquito Stinger with a new Tanaka 33 courtesy of cheap prices on Amazon.

New gas tank too, the one on the motor wouldn't fit so this is a different style tank and I made a special bracket to mount it to the frame.

Looks good on there eh? Had to shorten the throttle cable and solder on a little brass sleeve. New tires and tubes front and back. 16" Hookworms, only the best for my baby. Regreased both wheels. New drive chain.

Lean & mean.

Runs great! I did all this stuff because the old motor would just stutter and cut out at high speed and was quite annoying as it made me look like Zorba the Geek. This baby starts easy and runs smooth.

Yup a new basket too. If I can't ride out to store and bring stuff back it limits my options. Don't ya wanna hop on and ride?

Show me your scooters - :)

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
More mods

Took it out to the grocery store last week and put a half gallon of V8 in the basket and a couple of other things...unstable. Steering was doing the side to side scary shake.

Put the rear rack back on and put the basket on the rack. Also replaced the hard to use cable lock with the easy to use U lock.

Looks a lot cleaner eh?

Just got back from the store with a six pack of long necks and 3 liters of wine. Had to be over 15 pounds.

No wobble, no shake.

We are ready to rock stand up style - :)

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I have never built a goped but I like to look at the electric ones on endless-sphere.
I have a 33cc china motor laying around in my garage. Hmmm.

w31john

Jan 4, 2008
san jose ca
Mine is the yellow one. It was custom made by Dean at pipelyne, he made the all of the boxer scooters before he made the boxer bikes.

This is one of our rides

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
And here are a few more pics and a little story to follow....

This is a scoot that I built back in 2004. It is a BladeZ and now sports a fairly tricked out CY-46 (GP460) and it will do easily over 50mph. I've got another that is almost identical with exception of a different billet deck and a fully modified CY-46 with a Trevor Simpson ported barrel, 15:1 high compression TS head, TS reed valve intake, Jetpro rhino pipe and on and on. That scoot see's almost 60mph if ya got the nerve to stay on the gas......it's scary fast.

I used to run Tanaka 47R's on both of these scoots which was fine till the exhaust ports broke on both of them and Tanaka stopped producing the 47R.

I've got 2 of the small Moby X Blades that my youngest son's grew up with that both have Tanaka PF26cc engines, one bone stock and the other highly modded.

And scoot #5 is an electric.......Branded Schwinn 1000w and has full suspension and front and rear disc brakes. It's a very plush, but painfully slow scoot to boot.

dnut