switching from slant head to manic mechanic head Gen II

GoldenMotor.com

gibster

Oct 19, 2011
Hemet ca
Hi everybody! I have finally decided to join the forum, and hopefully build a decent bike using some of your expertise.

I just recently bought a raw motors kit and installed it on my Scott road bike. the bike ran real nice considering I had to beat the f**k out of the exhaust to clear the pedals. And the other day I rode it not more then a couple of miles and felt a drop of liquid land on my lip, at first I thought it was water until I looked back and realized that street the had no moister whatsoever. I then pulled over inspected the engine and realized there is oil/fuel mix all over the motor from the head down, I looked closer a noticed the head was slightly warped, I could see a bit of the head bolt. the weird thing is , that the bike still runs. but there is a major loss of power. Well at least I was able to make it home. zpt

Anyways I could do the old sandpaper and on flat glass thing and fix the old head, or i could spend money on a new one. while searching around I found the manic mechanic head @ pistonbikes.com. it looks promising but I'm not sure. So my questions are, have any of you used it on your bike? and is it worth buying? also what kind of improvement can I expect power wise. I already bought the expanded chamber and a CNS carb. just finished porting both cylinder ports intake and exhaust ngk plug is coming via ups. so what do ya think? stick with the old or get new?

Last edited:

Cyclin

Jul 4, 2011
California
I would be interested to know as well. I have heard nothing but good things about the Manic Mechanic parts but haven't heard much about what sort of performance boost you can expect to receive from changing from a slant head to Manic's.