anybody like striper fishing?

GoldenMotor.com

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
I've been doing offshore trips in my boat the past month striper fishing in Block island sound to montuck ny the stripers are going mad right now!!! seems the bait to use is live eels pulling drifts. also they like live scup on a drift. heres the past 2 good ones i've caught. the pic in the boat that was caught on eel and the one on land was a live scup... caught on light tackle too so much fun

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
When I can, I hit the Coosa River just East of here. Love hooking those bad boys. Most of my fishing has been in the Gulf. Hence...... AL.(Alabama) Fisherman

My avatar... Fighting a 9.5' 350# (est) Bull Shark. Caught and released.

Last edited:

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Nice Taco.. One of the best tasting & Fighting fish!!! Havnt been striper or bluefishing for a while. I actually thought the post said STRIPPER at first

hondabicycle

Aug 14, 2011
Greeley, CO
Those are some nice fish.
I was on my cross-country ride and I camped at Wilson Lake in Kansas in the winter. The cops came bye and it was no joke -60 so they come bye and offer me coffee so I turned it down and told them I just had a frozen coffee drink like a latte or whatever it is.
Then on the day before thanksgiving I nabbed a 44-inch striper. I took it to the marina and we measured it for the master angler award and I was an inch short.
Really nice lake. I camped out there on my XR650R and a tent buried in snow.
It’s was easy to start a fire just dip a rag in the tank and I didn’t matter how cold it was.
So how I did it was I had some 250 test drop line with a 3 1/2 inch hook. I used an 8-inch small bass for bait.
There good eating but I'm more of a Channel Cat fisherman and sorry no hints on that.

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
What do those weigh in at? Nice fish...that's a lot of eating in just one. I'm not familiar with stripers being from northern Minnesota, but sure do like fishing. Even if there isn't much catching, fishing is always good...
SB