Felt slater Q matic New Build

GoldenMotor.com

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Thanks Quenton and Terry
I appreciate the links you guys are the best .I spoke with Jim at sick bikes
so maybe if dimensions of bike are right meaning felt frame they are longer in engine area and distance between seat post and rear tire also has more room
I am keeping my fingers crossed..I know the bike is already pretty fast and from
what Quenton says .He said the motors start to come alive after about 250 miles I only have about 80 miles on it so far .I just figured that with 7 speeds
I can hit top speed faster and the motor wont have to work so hard..
Flex[Mr Metalmorphic]
Hey Paul I would like to have your permission to post 2 of your videos on my website with the Qmatic products they will help sell kits I am sure, nice job by the way.
Cheers
Terry

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hey Phoo
It did hit 45 but the accuracy of these speedos I am not sure. I do need somebody to chase me with a car...I wonder how far off these speedos are?
Flex
If anybody has a whizzer speedo please let me know I would love to buy one.................

Here is what 42mph looks like......8:45 in this vid = 42mph....check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy522K3lXx4

cheers!

dnut

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Here is what 42mph looks like......8:45 in this vid = 42mph....check it out

YouTube - Just Ridin'.wmv

cheers!

dnut
Very nice! The only thing which bothered me was all the traffic you were riding through. Having a sheriff's deputy run over a rider and get away with it...along with several more people (the juries blamed the bike riders for being in the street)...I've learned to ride on streets with little traffic and few cars parked on the street. I also ride with a very bright yellow (with reflective strips) flagman's vest. Got that one last week from Tacoma Screw. Was a demo they gave me.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
A very nice build. I just had my morning coffee enjoying your videos. Nice job on the bike, so clean it looks like it came that way from some motorbike factory. The tank in the top tube contributes a lot. I have two bikes running the Qmatic, a 50 Schwinn Panther with the HS engine like yours and a 51 Schwinn Hornet with an HF Greyhound. Both bikes run great thanks to that transmission... smooth and bulletproof. I'm thinking about becoming a dealer myself for northeastern Minnesota.
Silverbear

Hi Scotto,

Great video, we are considering making a CD with the installation instructions and we would like to add several videos on the CD. Hopefully you and several others would allow us to use your video on the CD for our new Q-Matic owners.

Hi Silverbear,

Sure would be an honor to have you represent EZM as an authorized dealer, just contact our office for the details.

Have fun,

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hey Scotto
Nice video I take it you have a helmet mount for camera..Looking great!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flex
Thanks flex man, yes I do! It's just a 10mp still camera (Canon SD790) with vid capabilities and mounted to the front of a full-face helmet. I got the idea from Dave31 and it works quite well.

Cheers to your build, it's a beauty!

dnut

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Quenton,
Thanks for your kind words. I've been considering this for a long time. It took me over a year of thinking about it and looking at the options before I got my first transmission last summer, jumping on one that came up on the forum under Swap and Shop. That one went on the Panther and I liked it so much I got another for the Hornet last fall. I was thinking about a little business including an EZM dealership along with making gas tanks, but don't jump into something like that without taking a good look at the landing. The last thing I need in my life is hassles from irate customers or a company that doesn't stand behind what it makes and sells. I've had no problems at all from either transmission. I think the idea of a CD for customers is a great one. If there is anything you can use from my build threads, please feel free. I'd be honored.
Keep doing what you're doing. I'm anxious to see that 2 speed hit the market.
SB

flex man

Feb 24, 2011
Woodland Hills Ca.
Thanks Silverbear
That means alot to me I realy take pride in my workmenship. So Thank you
Thats what I was going for something that did not look like a conversion.
Like you said it looks factory built. If you saw it up close you would see all the little things that make it look great its all the little details that turns it into
one complete project......Also on shift kit Quenton made such a great kit
and its still getting more power as its breaking in i am not sure if its needed
sure it would sound cool having it shift .But it goes plenty fast right now
And I am very pleased!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks Quenton for making such a great Product..............Flex[Mr Metalmorphic]

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Just got it out for the first ride today. Except for losing my chain in the first 20 yards because I didn't have the chain tight enough...no problems at all. Had it up to 23 MPH on a level road and was as smooth as ice...compared to others I've ridden. That belt drive makes a heck of a difference!

As soon as we check out the throttle (seems to be a little sticky)...get my locking gas cap and the weather clears up...should be able to head out everyday to enjoy myself.

flex man

Feb 24, 2011
Woodland Hills Ca.
Hi Phoo
Bummer about chain but like you said EZ fix . I was wondering what locking for what I missed
the details also howed it feel to have the wind in your face again? I am sure it was great
untill your chain flew off hope you didnt scratch your frame all up....Flex

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Hi Phoo
Bummer about chain but like you said EZ fix . I was wondering what locking for what I missed
the details also howed it feel to have the wind in your face again? I am sure it was great
untill your chain flew off hope you didnt scratch your frame all up....Flex
We tightened up the tensioner after my 100 ft ride and I went for a couple of rides around the neighborhood. Forgot to turn the switch over to "ON" and ran out of gas about 1/4 of a mile from my place. After learning the error of my ways and flipping it to "ON"...one pull and I was on my way.

Want to go riding again today...but living in a 3rd floor apartment...it was a bear carrying it up the stairs. Hopefully...I'll get my locking cap today and can talk to the landlord about storing it in the stairwell next to her apartment or in the covered parking in front of my roommate's car.

flex man

Feb 24, 2011
Woodland Hills Ca.
It would be the only Q Matic with a shift kit unless you have one ...Do you know of anybody with 4 stroke Q Matic with a shift kit...........
Flex.....
If somebody has one I guess i miss spoke ...........
lets see some pics......

Last edited:

Stoney

Jan 23, 2009
santa barbara
I'm intertested! Then you would have the gearing to go up steep hills as well as top speed on flat ground- All within its powerband with a reliable gearbox. Who woundn't be interested?

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
It would be the only Q Matic with a shift kit unless you have one ...Do you know of anybody with 4 stroke Q Matic with a shift kit...........
Flex.....
If somebody has one I guess i miss spoke ...........
lets see some pics......
No I don't have one. I was just not sure what you were asking. It seemed to me the it went without saying that folks here would be interested in the mating of the Q-Matic and and a Shift Kit. I do have a bike with a 4-stroke Shift kit. I set it up a year ago with a Honda motor and a Grubee III gearbox. I ran it for 7 months and 6000+ miles and then switched to the 4G for Honda Drive in October and have been riding it for 5 months and 4700 miles now. My best guess is that to get the Q-matic to work with the SBP Shift kit you are going to need a bike with a front triangle that is 4-6 inches longer than your currant bike. This extra length will require a bottom try/mount with the same amount of extension. There is also a very good chance that the new mount will need to be wider than the standard SBP mount to get the Q-matic output to align with the left side driven sprocket.
All of these and more changes can be done with access to the right tools and people who know how to use them. Its goning to get expensive very quickly though unless you are able to do all of the custom fabrication yourself.

I look forward to following your progress with this project.

ocscully