Help With Carburetor!

GoldenMotor.com

locochris

Feb 21, 2011
Florida
Hi i just built my motorized bike with a Grubee Race 80/66cc Black SkyHawk Angle which came with a CNS V2 Carb and i just put gas in it and theres this little white tube on the bottom of it that leaks out gas and i cant find where you put that i looked every where and theres no hole to put it in heres a picture

So when i tryed to start it up i had a hard time doing it then it turned on sounded weird and went 18 mph i never opened up the carb before putting it on all i did was put it on the bike do i have to do something to the carb fix the problem of turning the bike on?
zpt

Ursus

Aug 12, 2010
NYC
I think that is the over flow line. Maybe you have a bad float? Is the leak constant or is there a little residue of fuel on it after running?

locochris

Feb 21, 2011
Florida
It leaked the first time i put gas i think its fine i messed with the air and fuel mixture screw and idle screw that made it turn on quicker but its going slow about 18 to 20 the air fuel is one turned out of fully turned in.

locochris

Feb 21, 2011
Florida
Is there anything else that could be causing the problem of it going 18mph could it be the fuel mixture i put 2.6 oil in to a gallon of gas and other things when i noticed turning it on when i messed with the screws smoke come out of the muffler. anything inside the carb that could cause the problem i found a topic of my carb this is the one http://motorbicycling.com/f34/inside-2010-grubee-skyhawk-cns-carb-25062.html please post what could be causing this. and what does the .75 mean screws in or out? sorry for all the questions

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
There is no specific thread, you are just one of many people who I've heard is having trouble, good luck :)
-LS

biken stins

Jul 11, 2008
This was on Spooky Tooth a while back.
Ports on the CNS carburetor-
The pink tube that comes attached to the carb out of the box can be disregarded. The port tubes are for various purposes. One port tube is for equalizing pressure in the float bowl, and another is a vacuum.

Adjusting the carb-
The front screw is for the idle, the rear screw is for air/fuel. Set the idle to a good speed. Then "blip" the throttle and listen to how long it takes for the idle to return back to normal. Adjust the air/fuel screw so that mix just gets rid of the lingering idle. Run the bike for a while and pull the spark plug to check the condition. If the plug is dry, tan or white then you should turn the air/fuel screw in so that you richen the mixture. This will help keep your engine cool and well lubricated, especially at higher rpms.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Having read about all the problems with the CNS carbs in a multitude of different threads here, I'm gonna stick with the NT, or is it WH?

My carbs say NT on the air filter housing, but on the body above the idle screw it says WH
(Whatthe Heck?)

Masterm222

Feb 14, 2009
Billings, Montana
I have got to agree that the old NT carbs were MUCH easier to tune but I am in the process of learning about the CNS since my last four motor kits came with that carb. These guys are right about that bottom tube. If you take your bowl off you will see that it is attached to a tube that runs up to the top of the bowl area. That makes it a bowl vent/overflow. The fuel level should never get that high so you may have to adjust your float accordingly. Also check the needle and seat for proper sealing. Do this buy tipping the carb upside down and try to blow though the fuel inlet. You shouldn't be able to. I am going to make sure tomorrow but I believe the mixture screw only effects the idle circuit. Same adjustments apply for the CNS as the NT. Needle clip for part throttle, Main jet size for WOT. The last two I worked on were way lean to the point they would bog bad when I opened the throttle. After checking the basics such as air leaks and float setting I drilled the main jet a size bigger and now they both seem to be running much better.

Last edited:

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Looks like the EPA is forcing the CNS carb down people's throats.
I for one will be stocking up on the good ole NT/WT carby that has never given me any headache.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
From
http://www.grubeeinc.com/USA/SkyHawk.htm:

All 2010 engines must have a different carburetor and muffler than used in years past. New requirements entail a longer palladium insert in the catalytic muffler along with an air shield, a special CNS-YD carburetor and a special fuel line.

Egads, man how much fuel evaporation are you getting from the fuel line!?

renzr55

Feb 7, 2011
Florida
Hi, I just bought the same kit and I am having trouble adjusting the carb so the engine can idle. Also, I can't find the way to properly align the chain, it keeps going off. Now, I undestand there are tons of post that may address this two issues, but for some reason, I can not follow the words with what I have to do. I am completely new to this and English is not my strength. So I beg for videos, please.

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
Hi, I just bought the same kit and I am having trouble adjusting the carb so the engine can idle. Also, I can't find the way to properly align the chain, it keeps going off. Now, I undestand there are tons of post that may address this two issues, but for some reason, I can not follow the words with what I have to do. I am completely new to this and English is not my strength. So I beg for videos, please.
is your sprocket on even remotely even? the closer to perfect the better but it shouldn't throw the chain unless it's pretty uneven, as far as alignment goes you can use washers between the hub and drop outs to get a bit better of alignment, or you could get a 2x4 and space out your drop outs even more, and use washers to make it still grip.

renzr55

Feb 7, 2011
Florida
I will get the sprocket as even as possible. As far as the alignment goes, how do I know it is aligned or not, "use washers between the hub and drop outs", where is this?