Way Fast Pushers

GoldenMotor.com

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA
It's been said that the best stuff comes from racing and the related development. Also, somebody mentioned something about putting pushers on a lake bed for time trials. So I thought we could have a bit of fun with it.

Here is the challenge.
Design a pusher and bike for extreme speed with only a few rules.

1. Bicycle must function as a bicycle with and without trailer (pedals).
2. Use internal combustion engine (any fuel).
3. Design must be viable. Meaning "it just might work".
4. Bike must be based on 26" bicycle wheels (easier to judge scale for comparisons).
5. No manually shifted trans. or manual clutch.
6. Include specs on eng., tire size, gearing, mag eng. RPM, top speed and fuel.
7. Just pretend that you can get bicycle tires rated at 200 MPH.

In the end it will be interesting to see is we stumble onto something that could be used on a future build, so have fun and think outside the box! Here is my shot at it:

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
aim the exhaust forward so's the people you are aproching at 200 + mph can move out of the way ('cause it ain't stoppin'' , lol)

Kristof

Jan 21, 2011
Aliso Viejo, CA
I wonder if there is enough down-force for the pusher.

Why doesn't someone put an extreme output motor on a carbon fiber racing bike? Then you wouldnt need so much raw torque and horse power.

This ->.trlrl. OR xct2<-that...(I'd take the one with the cheetah, cause I would love to have a pet cheetah and be able to keep up with it.)

ne2rk

Jul 31, 2010
chicago
Old gas or electric stand up scooter + old bicycle rear end aka chain stay's/seat stay's = quick and easy push trailer. it will pivit with the stock scooters head set. Ive built 3 of these. I have some pictures in my old post if you check them out.