utility bikes/shift systems

GoldenMotor.com

bowljoman

Aug 7, 2010
Wa
hello,

No its a 3 speed tricycle tranny from a torker.

Torker Tri Star 3 Speed Coaster Brake Hub

well over 2000 miles on the engine. maybe 3000. Ran a cvt for 1000 of them and topped out @ 33~35. Been running the nexus for 1000 miles and now it tops out at 41.6 in stock form.

The nexus 1st gear can be rather 'granny' if you are looking for that. I raised the ratio to get a two-speed + overdrive feel. Im looking at the iMotion sram tranny models with the more evenly spaced shifts. I think the 5 speed would be enough to approach 60mph. The bike runs out of rpm's rather than torque.

bowljoman

Aug 7, 2010
Wa
It actually rather hard to lose control of this bike at any speed. I recently upgraded the foot pegs, extending them farther away for more relaxed feel.

total cost of build using all new parts. <$500. Then added tack, speedo, front drum/dyno wheel, big lights.

THere was a little trouble with chain at first. I had to tighten it often. I switched to 510 kmc chain and it has become very reliable.

Dec 18, 2009
new jersey
thought it was just a scooter at first!!! i meant it would throw ME on my a$$, because its got the power.its a good thing. i'd be the one to just GAS it, thinking its a scooter, then flip straight on my back..which is why none of us let others ride our creations(most of the time), they might fall off and break what we made, nevermind them. i wouldn't hesitate to do 50 on that....scooter tires are thick, and the big front wheel would cure all the instabilities of a little scooter wheel up front....(but people still do 40 and 50 on scooters...i wouldn't) plus how low you sit on it...i think it would be more stable/ comfortable then riding a regular bike. like a recumbent. i like hearing prices/build costs....i wonder how much the full-suspension-morini project totaled.