New info

GoldenMotor.com

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Thought of you people here when I was sharing something I learned today. There are some really good folks around here and I wanted to share this with you also. I'm just a little bit lazy so I'm gonna copy and paste it here. Please forgive me my laziness.

Learned something in the sermon at church today. In the book of John, chapter 20 we find the story of Christs resurrection. Verse 7 is the key to this new knowledge. John 20:7 "And the grave-cloth that was on His head was not lying with the linens, but was wrapped up in one place by itself."

‎"Wrapped' or folded in a place by itself. Notice the "grave-cloth" or some versions call it a napkin, was folded and placed by itself. Here is what I did not know before.

In those times a servant, when he would prepare his masters table for a meal, would make sure everything was ready as his master liked it to be. As his master ate the servant would be out of sight but ready if called.When the master of the house was finished eating he would just crumple the napkin and toss it on the table with the other stuff. The servant would see this and know his master was finished eating and clean everything up.

If the master was not finished and would be returning soon, he would fold his napkin and place it by itself. The servant would know his master was returning soon and leave things as his master had left them.So when the disciples saw the napkin that Christ had folded and placed by itself, they knew that He would be returning soon.

I hope that you remember the Greatest Gift ever given this Christmas season.