Bicycle deliverys

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
There was a picture in the paper yesterday of a bicycle delivering a Christmas tree. My wife pointed it out to me as my double vision is so bad that I don't try to read the paper. I can see the pictures and close one eye to read a short story but I don't try to read much.

Anyway the point was that the trailer is exactly like the ones I build. I haul batteries on the bottom of my trailer and have room on top for groceries and stuff from the hardware store if I need to haul it around.

The design is that international development third world country design. It's nice to know I'm not the only one using it. I'm not sure if this one was the same build at the bed but it had the out riggers which is the same design which enables the use of bike wheels right off the bike nothing need be done to them. No special axles or anything. They say that one can make them from bamboo or anything you have laying around.

I built this trailer but I used angle steel on a pressed wood bed then angle steel outriggers. The Bamboo bicycle trailer

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I like the Bamboo trailer in light of resins glue etc. Those would be very light a strong! Liken to some of the Bamboo bicycles which would scare me a little with a motor lol.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Actually they also suggest electrical conduit which is very inexpensive and fairly lightweight. II use it for the front and rear ties on my trailers. I haven't hand the courage to make outrigger of conduit then drag it behind a power bike, even an electrical one.