Vintage Schwinn Corvette Progress

GoldenMotor.com

David D.

Sep 12, 2010
California
Well got the decals came yesterday.... now waiting for some parts for the front mount and looking for some rims .... will be using 1.75" tires.... thought i would share what i've done so far...can't do anything till fed x or ups gets here...dance1 ... oh , looking for a more correct vintage like seat also...

Attachments

Last edited:

David D.

Sep 12, 2010
California
Hi killer, thank you... well its not mounted yet, the rear mount is two of the little blocks from the kits back to back, for the front i have ordered some billit aluminium mounts from a buggy supply place that i hope to use.... have not received them yet though... got no machining capabilities here but want something clean with a factory look, that works ......weld

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Well got the decals came yesterday.... now waiting for some parts for the front mount and looking for some rims .... will be using 1.75" tires.... thought i would share what i've done so far...can't do anything till fed x or ups gets here...dance1 ... oh , looking for a more correct vintage like seat also...
That's looking real sharp....beautiful red! I've got a buddy who has an old vintage Schwinn seat with the white "S" and nose and may be willing to sell or trade it. The thing weighs a ton. If you're interested, PM me and I'll contact him....cheers.

David D.

Sep 12, 2010
California
Hi scotto, thanks.... well i've been pretty busy so have'nt been posting much, found some S7 rims in decent shape and relaced the 2 speed hub and replaced the front wheel last night.. got a 60's S seat tossed in on the deal in rough shape but free...the guy told me how he restores them so i'll give it a shot,but thanks anyway..might contact you later if it does not work out... got a really cool 60's SW speedo in the deal too ...probably will end up on my daily rider though:). I found a local bike shop that has the 26 X 2 X 1.75 WW tires for the S7 rim for 17 dollars each so will pick those up friday when i get paid...should have more pics of it "finished" by the weekend sometime....David