Wide Crank Problem

GoldenMotor.com

cnodie1

Jan 27, 2010
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Ok I just purchased the 3 piece wide crank and the bottom bracket conversion kit for my mb to fit a pull starter but they sent me no instructions and i have no clue.

I got the 3 piece wide crank kit from bicycle-engines.com and i got the bottom bracket conversion kit from spooky tooth

Anyone have any tips on how i can get this working??

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Cnodie. Just bumping your thread as I have no experience with the 3 pc. Spooky and BE are great about helping. I did search around for you but didn't find much. On the other forum, I did find a thread where Nsideus used cranks from a 20" bike so it rode under but that was on a 4 smoke. (I am gonna try that for a courant build)

Please post on your progress and what the difficulty is. You know how we worry, lol.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Ok I just purchased the 3 piece wide crank and the bottom bracket conversion kit for my mb to fit a pull starter but they sent me no instructions and i have no clue.

I got the 3 piece wide crank kit from bicycle-engines.com and i got the bottom bracket conversion kit from spooky tooth

Anyone have any tips on how i can get this working??
Not sure why you bought both items. They look to do the same thing, but I'm not sure what comes with the Spooky kit (no picture). The bike-eng one looks similar to ours. Which leads me to my question:

Do you have a spindle? (some people call it an "axle")

Here's some helpful stuff:

http://www.sickbikeparts.com/Manuals/BB descriptions and terminology.pdf

How To Overhaul A Bottom Bracket - Bicycle Tutor

Knock the 1 piece cups out of the frame with a brass punch (drift) and a hammer . Clean out the area they previously occupied in the frame weldment (BB shell). Press in the adapters, add the screws. Grease the bearings. Assemble per the video.

We could have probably saved you a lot of grief by just selling you an adapter and cartridge.

Last edited: